The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap meet @ Brands Hatch 12th Feb 09

GTO Pete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed. ;)

love those wheels.. look the nuts on that car!

Surj.. you just put the spoiler back on? didn't remember you having it on the trip down to the Ace meet?

Will def' say hi properly this time if i make it.. spent most of the Ace meet talking over planned work with the Whifbitz team.

or was it chris withought the spoiler??

Just a few hours to go and the bad weather seems to be holding off!:search:(now ive said that watch the rain come!)

If everyone could try to bring the 2quid in change (not 1+2p's!) that will be a great help as there wont be alot of change on the gate and you know some joker will try and roll up with a £20 in his hand!

Other then that everything is set and looking across the forums it seems like there is going to be a great turn out for the first meet!:cool:

Look forward to seeing you all down there, I'll be the one in a hi-vis and wearing glasses so come and say hi:)

Pete

Hopefully going to be down tonight, its a 1 1/2 hour drive but I am always obliged for big meets. Trying to find a passenger still, either way I will probably come. Silver veilside ^ ^

I'm 100% coming now. Will be with a few other jap car's. Looking forward to it. Doub't i will be there 7 on the dot :( maybe half past-ish.

must have just mised you Surj...

got there around 8.20,, spoke to a couple of people at the gate... and then headed back.. snowed off!

will be re arranged for next week...

and yeas the Brands' road was ....... interesting.....

Was definatley and interesting drive in the heavy snow. That road was hit bad! Got stuck at one point.

What can I say guys- it was a huge success and a huge failure at the same time!:imsorry:

All visitors to the meet will have spoken to either me or Dan at the gate and all I can say is that we are sorry and this isn’t the start to the meet we were hoping for.

A big BIG thank you to everyone who went to the trouble to come despite the weather and for everyone being cool about the decision, despite some people having a long trip to get there and home again. Even with the weather easily over 100 cars turned up which is a great sign for the future.:thumbs:

Due to the weather conditions Brands took the decision to pull the event ten minutes before people started to arrive and at the time that seemed like a bad choice but come 9pm I began to think it was probably the right decision as the snow was awful, if I could spin the wheels of a crappy old polo doing 30mph in third I'm sure some of the cars turning up would have found it even more difficult!

We are going to be talking with brands tomorrow and hopefully everything is still go for next month providing the weather is ok! (Security got a bit funny with us about people parking outside, which is why we ended up sending people in the bluewater direction- glad that plan worked well for people). Next time if there is any sign of really bad weather I will put up a number so you can get through to either me or Dan to make sure everything is go.

I’m off to warm up and cry about the failure of this meet, I’ll post back about the next meet soon (next meet should be the same time next month).

Thanks & sorry again to those who came, the next one will be spot on so dont give up on us!!;)

All the best,

Pete

Edited by GTO Pete (see edit history)