The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap meet @ Brands Hatch 12th Feb 09

GTO Pete

Hi everyone, sorry for such a long post but there is a lot to be said[OOPS][/OOPS] Ive just seen the thread put up by supraturbochris about a jap meet at Brands, well, Finally everything has been sorted for one! :)

JAPT has been given the go ahead off the back of PREPT- a German night that has been taking place every month for some time now, with 150+ cars turning up.

This is the first meet to determine whether it’s going to be successful or not, it will be held on Thursday 12th February 2009 7.00pm till late and if successful every 2nd Thursday of the month. Track evenings will become available on the summer nights of the meet along with BBQ’s and we can also open the go kart track and see who’s really the fastest of the Jap car owners!;)

As mentioned before there is a small fee of £2 per car for Entry to the meet but that’s a small price to pay for such a good venue.

Food will be available at the Kentagon (for those of you who don’t know that’s the Brand hatch bar/cafe!) along with soft, hot & alcoholic drinks. Usually a full menu is available but as this is the first meet the menu will be limited. I’m sure I don’t need to say it but please drink responsibly if you’re driving!

Rules of the meet:

1. JAPANESE CARS ONLY! We will let Korean cars sneak in though! Sorry but if you turn up with your mate in his ‘e.g. Golf’ he will have to park in the hotel car park next to the brands hatch main entrance & walk through. The gate & surrounding area will have additional security & (JAPT) marshals, there will be no exceptions, Non Jap cars will be turned away.

2. STICK TO THE 10MPH SPEED LIMIT once on site. If you race away from the gate whilst entering you'll simply be asked to turn around and leave by security who will have been contacted via radio. You are also on CCTV once on site! Same goes for anyone seen driving like complete idiots in any areas allocated to us or outside the venue. We want this to be a respectable meet and police can be called if necessary.

3. NO PETS. Shame I know but after all this isn't Crufts!

4. NO LITTERING. Please use one of the many bins provided.

5. NO DRUGS. I know some of you out there like a good ol' smoke but please, have it before or after the event not during and if you’re driving you shouldn’t be doing it anyway!

6. STEREO'S. Please keep your music to a reasonable level so YOU can hear it not everyone else.

Brands Hatch is situated on the A20 near West Kingsdown. Just 3 miles from junction 3 (Swanley) of the M25

Brands Hatch Circuit

Fawkham

Longfield

Kent

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/brands-hatch/find-us.asp

Hopefully we will see some of you lot down there! :D

Pete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support guys, we are really hoping this will take off:)

I am always seeing Supra's around the Bexleyheath & Dartford areas so I was hoping you guys would be interested. (most of the time its trig I see, outside or around Zerobar in Bexleyheath or around crayford!)

Might be able to get my mum to take her uk spec out of the garage for the meet and im waiting for dad to notice this too.....:p

Im always around zero bar in bexleyheath. Maybe we should have a meet there? lol! This sounds great and I hope it turns out to be a good one.

As its a japshow shall I spread the word?

Yeah if you could tell a few people that would be great, thanks:)

We have posted on a few forums such as; skyline owners, 200sxoc, MLR, GTOuk, swift forums, pistonheads and im slowley getting around to others- I havent posted on the subaru forums yet because I'm not sure we could cope with brands being over run by hundreds of blue cars with gold wheels/the same graffics!(did they come like that stock?![GRIN][/GRIN]) But i guess i will be asking them too![OOPS][/OOPS]

If work allows JB.

you fancy it then?

Its tempting. I missed Ace Cafe as I had to release our new company web site that night.

What time are you leaving to get down there?

The only thing that might stop me is a sticky bonnet catch which is stopping the bonnet staying down...

Guest Leadfoot

Hi all. I'm up 4 coming down and meeting u all work permitting! Depends on the weather if i bring the Supra or the Scooby. Any one else going from Farnbough way and want to meet at Farnbough McD's?

I'll talk to Peter to find out when people really get there:)

Well Ralph and me will be getting there at about half six so we can pick up the radios and get sorted- I don’t think we can let any cars for the meet on site until 7pm.

If at all possible could everyone try and come down in a bit of a convoy as once on site I will be showing people where to park and a convoy of cars would mean I can get all the Supra's, Evo's etc all parked together. I will be leaving gaps so other cars can park up with their respective models later in the evening but I want to avoid having huge gaps between the different makes.

I’m really looking forward to this meet, thanks to the great response it’s had on this and other forums it’s looking to be a good turn out and if it all takes off come summer we will have a mini JAE on our doorstep!

Pete:)

Want to get to this... only 5 min away from me..

Car may be going in for some major work start of next week so may not have it, if so may get my mate to burn down in his S2000..

Hope it goes well, will def' be at the next one (if not this one) with the motor..