The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie - looking to downsize to a Supra ;o)

gordy.r

:hello:&:welcome:

I was using my 5 speed NA to commute to work in I was getting about 300 miles to a tank (that was a mixture of sitting on the M6 carpark everyday and the odd occasion where I would get up to 70 mph).

It was costing me between £60 and £65 per week to fill it :)

LOL @ Multics !!! :)

Anyways... back on topic as I need to see if this N/A Supra idea is going to be option for me to consider....

So, what mileage do the N/A manual SZ (-R) owners get from a full tank of fuel?

Thanks

I have an SZ-R 6 speed recently put in £35 (low light on) did 210 miles and the light is not (quite) on. Thats about 23/4 mpg IF i was back to the same light on position, i'd expect 25/6mpg approx. Thats x2 cruising trips of 34miles and x2 of the same trip making good/very good progress, and one steady A3/M25/M4 round trip of 37 miles each way.

I've don't have details of the exact distance but i once did and 'Dragonball' event, a drive to the tunnel (thats 200miles per the route planner) and along the top of France. I left from home in Guildford and did the whole trip without a refuel........some 'spirited' and also stop and queing/idling convoy driving which don't help you mpg much!

Overall i'd say it'll be the same sort of cost as your MR2 possibly a tiny bit cheaper.

be cheaper to fly surely?

Proabably about the same but i'm not the biggest fan of flying, i still have to get to airport, queue up etc and I need my car down South too, so not really an option, though I did consider it at one point what with the fuel costs going up and up and up...

I have an SZ-R 6 speed recently put in £35 (low light on) did 210 miles and the light is not (quite) on. Thats about 23/4 mpg IF i was back to the same light on position, i'd expect 25/6mpg approx. Thats x2 cruising trips of 34miles and x2 of the same trip making good/very good progress, and one steady A3/M25/M4 round trip of 37 miles each way.

I've don't have details of the exact distance but i once did and 'Dragonball' event, a drive to the tunnel (thats 200miles per the route planner) and along the top of France. I left from home in Guildford and did the whole trip without a refuel........some 'spirited' and also stop and queing/idling convoy driving which don't help you mpg much!

Overall i'd say it'll be the same sort of cost as your MR2 possibly a tiny bit cheaper.

Spot on! Thanks for that!

I have ahd a few people saying how much they get on 'A' and 'B' roads, but that is good info!

If I can squeeze 350 miles out of a full tank I will be getting one. :)

The most I have had out of one tank was 362 miles.

That was filling it to the brim and driving to Manchester and back, very rarely above 70mph and regularly around 60mph.

I do 20 miles each way trip to work of which

in the morning 12 miles average 40mph and 8 miles open motorway(5-30am) so guess the speed:eyebrows:

and evening heavy motorway, so between 50mph and 85mph and 12 miles rush hour so rarely above 30mph to crawling.

I always get over 300 miles to a tank and average about 325 miles.

Mines a 5 -speed by the way and I would guess a 6-speed would drop the revs on the motorway, so in principle should reduce fuel consumption slightly

If you're talking about a solid round trip of 900 miles, I only ever did one long jaunt in my Supra, which was an NA Auto. I drove from Edinburgh to Norwich, which is pretty much bang on 400 miles each way. I filled up in Edinburgh before leaving, and filled up in Norwich before heading back and neither way did the warning light come on. Not sure how the manuals compare, of course, but just wanted to add to the evidence/encouragement for Supra ownership. :)

Hey Gordy, fancy seeing you on here :p

if you want a better look over a N/A stop by my house next time your passing :eyebrows:

shame your selling the Skyline mate .. i can truthly say it's a very straight example.

i'll be about all day tomorrow, hopefully cleaning it s'more and working on a sticky caliper :D

also if like me you buy one still showing kilometers "they are amazing on fuel" .. well if you read the trip counter as mile's :clown:

Cheers for all the feedback guys!

Hello Ian! :hello:

Don't think i'll be out much today, torn the cartlidge in my left knee cap so house bound for a few days haha (maybe an auto would suit me lol)

Yeah if the average is 300-350 miles to a tank then I am really interested - and 400!!! Thats just plain impressive!

I can see Supra ownership looming just over the horizon.... :)

400 is optimistic gordy but they are great cars!

350 is a definite and I think 400 could be very possible if you stuck to 70mph. I managed approx 345 miles on a straight run at 75-80mph with fuel left in the tank and i had some stop-start town driving in there also.

Edit: BTW it cost me £55 to fill and reserve light had just come on at the time.

Edited by ilicos (see edit history)

350 is a definite and I think 400 could be very possible if you stuck to 70mph. I managed approx 345 miles on a straight run at 75-80mph with fuel left in the tank and i had some stop-start town driving in there also.

Edit: BTW it cost me £55 to fill and reserve light had just come on at the time.

Sweet! yeah for just now I think fuel economy (hahaha - can't believe I just used that word regrding s Supra lol) is the thing for me with the long drives, but in a year or so.... I'd be looking to convert mwwwwaaahhhhhh! :)

I was hoping to see about 350 on a long 70mph (ish) motorway run out of a n/a tank, so that puts a smile on my face!

Cheers for the info guys & gals, mucho appreciated!