Need urgent advice, T67 DBB trouble

tooquicktostop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No mate, had enough, lost the love, will make for a great car for someone, I am leaving the UK for France later this year anyway

I have to usher johns comments Dean....keep it mate, you will get a decent offer on it eventually, but please please dont sell it for silly money. Someone is just going to benifit and make a tidy profit on something you built

Chin up dude

I have to usher johns comments Dean....keep it mate, you will get a decent offer on it eventually, but please please dont sell it for silly money. Someone is just going to benifit and make a tidy profit on something you built

Chin up dude

I am not sad TBH, would like to see the car go to a member on here and get the love it deserves, I just lost the passion for this car, it has an amazing spec and I am sure the turbo will be rebuilt/fixed for very little money, a true bargain for someone

There's another quick option here chap. I have a T04R core sat in my locker at work that will bolt straight into place in your motor (I know because it came out and I bolted a BL T67 DBB straight in its housings). Its a plain bearing tubby thats a bit worn in the bearing dept (I only removed it on a tuners say so) but it was still putting down OK power and had no other sign of problems. Get someone local to bung it in for you and your car will run no problems until you take stock of the situation and find either a replacement or get yours repaired. With 2k miles on it I'd personally be looking at a warranty claim from the turbo manufacturers especially if it was professionally installed.

There's another quick option here chap. I have a T04R core sat in my locker at work that will bolt straight into place in your motor (I know because it came out and I bolted a BL T67 DBB straight in its housings). Its a plain bearing tubby thats a bit worn in the bearing dept (I only removed it on a tuners say so) but it was still putting down OK power and had no other sign of problems. Get someone local to bung it in for you and your car will run no problems until you take stock of the situation and find either a replacement or get yours repaired. With 2k miles on it I'd personally be looking at a warranty claim from the turbo manufacturers especially if it was professionally installed.

That sums up this forum, first class offer mate, many thanks, I have always put best parts based upon advise on this car so a full turbo rebuild or new turbo only will do but your offer is one of the reasons why I stayed with Supras and this forum for so long

Cheers Mate, a credit to the club and I know you are a member who has seen his fair share of issues, again many thanks for the offer

Dean

Please dont do that. It would be such a waste for something as silly as a turbo.

We "unlucky" boys have all had moments (that sometimes last weeks) where we just want shot of the car.

Please give it 1 month min, even if you just leave the car on your drive for that time before letting her go.

Jon

You are right Jon:innocent: