The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need urgent advice, T67 DBB trouble

tooquicktostop

You got problems again as well mate ??

I will get it replaced with Whifbitz ASAP if its dead

Sorry i missed a Y, your luck.

I would get it rebuilt, mine was rebuild. Cost £500 but they modified it to make it water cooled.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like something is out of balance for sure...really it needs to come off to know what, before that is just speculation...

Can you photo what you think is the EGT probe? In the DP you should have the O2 sensor near the elbow the EGT is a lot smaller than the O2 sensor.

it could be the compressor housing bolts have come loose, mine did this because of the vibration from the engine . Try taking it off and put lock tight on each bolt and slowly tighten each bolt evenly making sure the turbo still spins, once all bolts have been tightened then you should be able to spin the turbo freely.

hope its not the turbo .

Had no luck at all with this car and as Jamie said no expense spared, just toying with the idea of letting it go for 10K as it is

Nooo dont do that , your just feeling let down just now .

It will come good , maybe not today or tomorrow but when it does you'll be so glad you didnt sell it :cool:

the first thing you need to do mate is STOP RUNNING IT, no one on here can give you a definative answer even with the video clip :blink: the only way you can do that is with a strip down, by continuing to run it you run the risk of the turbo bearings (if thats what it is) disintegrating and destroying your engine, if i were you i would have the car picked up by a reputable garage for diagnosis, i would not let the original garage who bolted it all together anywhere near it until you are happy it is nothing to do with their workmanship, i am in no way implying it is their fault but once the car is in their possession you can guarantee it will "not be their fault" and they will charge you again for the repairs, i am not saying this is indicative of this particular trader in my experience its indicative of the motor trade in general

the first thing you need to do mate is STOP RUNNING IT, no one on here can give you a definative answer even with the video clip :blink: the only way you can do that is with a strip down, by continuing to run it you run the risk of the turbo bearings (if thats what it is) disintegrating and destroying your engine, if i were you i would have the car picked up by a reputable garage for diagnosis, i would not let the original garage who bolted it all together anywhere near it until you are happy it is nothing to do with their workmanship, i am in no way implying it is their fault but once the car is in their possession you can guarantee it will "not be their fault" and they will charge you again for the repairs, i am not saying this is indicative of this particular trader in my experience its indicative of the motor trade in general

Car is not going to be started again, selling on as it is, cant be bothered with it anymore

Car is not going to be started again, selling on as it is, cant be bothered with it anymore

Please dont do that. It would be such a waste for something as silly as a turbo.

We "unlucky" boys have all had moments (that sometimes last weeks) where we just want shot of the car.

Please give it 1 month min, even if you just leave the car on your drive for that time before letting her go.

Jon

I would not bother fella you have to look at it a different way, all the bad things that have gone wrong with your car you have fixed and if done right should not have to be done again so all the work you have done to it will be someone else's gain and a big loss to you so sit tight and get the turbo sent off and sorted when you can.

Keep your head up i know it is hard when the car does nothing but not run but just think of the good times when it does run;)

Please dont do that. It would be such a waste for something as silly as a turbo.

We "unlucky" boys have all had moments (that sometimes last weeks) where we just want shot of the car.

Please give it 1 month min, even if you just leave the car on your drive for that time before letting her go.

Jon

No mate, had enough, lost the love, will make for a great car for someone, I am leaving the UK for France later this year anyway