The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Wheels Fitted

DAT Inter

And hold on - spacers are the devil - you've never used them or had any experience with them. That comment just seems slightly knobish imo.

I've never stuck my head in a furnace either but I know it's not a good idea.

Sorry, I forgot you're a 21 year old drifter so you probably know everything already.

LMAO. :D

Nah i just dont like comments from those that have no experience of certain products, only being able to give opinion based on internet gossip.

The thinking and train of thought on spacers depends on what camp you sit in. BMW and VAG groups along with drifters and others use spacers on there cars as a matter of course and have no problems at all.

Surely using an 8mm spacer, and correct me if im wrong, would be like using a wheel with an offset that is 8 lower? In other words using a +27 offset instead of a +35 offset?

Sorry, I forgot you're a 21 year old drifter so you probably know everything already.

I didnt say i knew everything. Yes im young compared to some on here and being 21 and owning a 6spd along with another car on my own back aint easy but i work my ass off for it.

Surely using an 8mm spacer, and correct me if im wrong, would be like using a wheel with an offset that is 8 lower? In other words using a +27 offset instead of a +35 offset?

indeed and if you have the correct hubcentric rings and studs are long enough etc then whilst not ideal they should be safe.

handling, tyre wear etc effects with a +27mm offset may be noticeable and will certainly not maximise the handling performance of the car.

However you've got the old wheels you can keep for any track antics if you want to do that, or indeed swap back to if you really don't like the new feel of the car, so i say welcome and enjoy your car, just be careful in this first period of ownership :)

Fraser .. nice car, nice pic's, nice wheel's .. i was thinking about going for gold centre's on my wheel's (almost the same wheel's) looking at your's is making me thing about getting them done a bit sooner than planned?

as for Dp Motorsport, i think it's common practice for them to sell folk spacer's "even when not needed" i to was "sucked in" when i bought a set of 15" alloy's from them for my wife's Corsa .... probably thee most common fitment and off set out there, got the delivery 2 day's later and like you i soon found that the wheel spacer's were not needed, front or back and they supplied wheel nut's instead of bolt's!

:cool: car is looking good, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at future meet's ;)