The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What scares you the most about your Supra?

hogmaw

What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?

• Theft
    • Vandalism
    • Speeding Points
    • Losing Licence
    • Crashing (your fault)
    • Crashing (someone else's fault)
    • Getting owned/beat in a race
    • Not being able to afford the car payments & bills
    • Not driving it enough to warrant keeping it
    • None - I have no fear!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You were not on a motorway he said........you fool read my first post and it clearly states dual carriageway so answers that for you .

Yes it does. Which makes me wonder why you thought this statement was at all relevant :

Doing 100 in a built up area is completely different to doing a 100 on the motorway even though in both cases you are travelling at a 100.

Hence my statement that you were not on a motorway.

And incidentally - you don't know my age, and I also don't claim I never break the speed limit myself. What I don't do though, is that kind of speed in a 40mph zone.

Thanks for confirming my opinion of you anyway. I assure you that the worst thing that can happen to you at those kind of speeds in a 40mph dual carriageway is not that you lose your license.

Yes it does. Which makes me wonder why you thought this statement was at all relevant :

Hence my statement that you were not on a motorway.

And incidentally - you don't know my age, and I also don't claim I never break the speed limit myself. What I don't do though, is that kind of speed in a 40mph zone.

Thanks for confirming my opinion of you anyway. I assure you that the worst thing that can happen to you at those kind of speeds in a 40mph dual carriageway is not that you lose your license.

Speeding is speeding regardless of how fast you go, and anyway i'm quite certain that your N/A would not even get to them speeds hence why you would never reach them speeds in the same distance.

So as you said you speed, so did i but the difference was i was in car that was way more powerfull then yours so it reached them speeds pretty quickly.

Charming isn't it, how you admit to speeding yourself but are calling others idiot's for doing the same:innocent:

P.S for your reference, you can end up killing someone at 30 or 40, so you saying i don't do that much speed etc makes no difference because your still breaking the law regardless.

Edited by n boost (see edit history)

Doing 100 in a built up area is completely different to doing a 100 on the motorway even though in both cases you are travelling at a 100.

Speeding is speeding regardless of how fast you go .....

Charming isn't it, how you admit to speeding yourself but are calling others idiot's for doing the same:innocent:

At least be consistent in your arguments. 140mph on a motorway is very different from 140mph in a 40mph zone. Even you must be able to see that.

anyway i'm quite certain that your N/A would not even get to them speeds hence why you would never reach them speeds in the same distance.

So as you said you speed, so did i but the difference was i was in car that was way more powerfull then yours so it reached them speeds pretty quickly.

I am in fact very jealous of your big powerful TT - hence the reason for my comments. I'm going to save all of my pocket money, sell my NA and then I might be able to afford one myself. I truly wish I could afford a car that went that fast. :innocent:

At least be consistent in your arguments. 140mph on a motorway is very different from 140mph in a 40mph zone. Even you must be able to see that.

Obviously it is but like i said speeding is speeding and you are probably just as likely to hit someone doing 50 in a 30 in a built up area then 100+ on a quite stretch away from civillians.

I am in fact very jealous of your big powerful TT - hence the reason for my comments. I'm going to save all of my pocket money, sell my NA and then I might be able to afford one myself. I truly wish I could afford a car that went that fast. :innocent:

Actually i don't have it no more.....too slow actually!, and by the way the car was a single not twin.

I hope you do get one one day and then you will realise how easy it is to get into them silly speeds!

I hope you do get one one day and then you will realise how easy it is to get into them silly speeds!

I owned a TT 10 years ago - I'm well aware of how easy it is. I'm also aware that it's not instant, and that even though it's fast it takes many seconds to get from 40mph to 140mph.

I owned a TT 10 years ago - I'm well aware of how easy it is. I'm also aware that it's not instant, and that even though it's fast it takes many seconds to get from 40mph to 140mph.

Doesn't power come into it?

Was your tt modified or stock? manual or auto?

A single on boost will get to them speeds in no time at all while a stock tt will take much longer.

When i bought my bpu supra

and by the way the car was a single not twin.

P.S for your reference, you can end up killing someone at 30 or 40, so you saying i don't do that much speed etc makes no difference because your still breaking the law regardless.

Killing someone at 30 mph in a 40 mph zone is going to be a lot harder than at 138 mph.

but had the car under full control and didn't realise the speeds i got to.

When i bought my bpu supra on the very first day
:search:

:taped:

"WHAT SCARES YOU ABOUT YOUR SUPRA?" is the thread title which I responded to before Xmas, only to read the subsequent posts today, I think I should have changed my opinion of what I chose to vote on. I think my #1 scare would be to see a maniac driving a Supra as if he was on PS2/X-Box etc.

Initially I laughed at n boost's first post, but on reflection now, I think he should re-register as "n boast"......who on earth would be so naive as to post a boast like that? Maybe too much of the cooking sherry prompted his tale of woe, and it became embroidered with a few enhancements to make it sound better.

If that is not the case, and it was as he has stated, then all the above comments by those members appalled at his complacency of the situation are totally justifed.

I wholeheartedly agree with those who have highlighted his contradictions in his posts. The best one is the fact that " I had the car in full control but didn't realise the speeds I got into"....a fantastic contradiction if I ever heard one!! Imagine what speeds would have been achieved when NOT in full control, wow!!

Ok n boost, you've had enough of the jibes and felt the wrath of us members on here, but I'm sure that deep down you love fast cars. I just hope and pray that I never am in the same area as you, and that an exclusion zone around me prevails. Last week I had some stupid idiot of a driver trying to overtake me (on a B road) on double bends, in the dark, presumably to tell his mates he took on and won against a Supra. So whatever your next car is, test it first on a track, then consider fellow motorists and pedestrians when opening-it-up on a deserted road - at 138mph in the dark I very much doubt you'd spot a pedestrian or motorist in time to react to it. Your "special road" can't be that safe for you or others, if you are aware of others "using it" - for the same reason as you did? Maybe the Police saved your life............and returned the flow of blood to your brain.

Oh yes, I did get done for speeding once, a few years back. I wasn't in my Scooby that day, I was returning from Tesco's in my little old runabout Metro, and got clocked by a white-van camera doing 36 in a 30 limit. How annoying, being caught the first time in over 29 years of driving "safely".

As the owner of a J-spec TT auto, yes they are quick too, spool differently to single turbos, accelerate as sweetly as an N/A auto or manual (or sweeter, lol!)- and, after all, they are all Supras which is why we got what we did, and joined this site. Let us all know what you get next, so we can pin a picture on our visors and know what to avoid.

Long live n boast.

I originally made a honest statement about actual events that took place and didn't think that people on here would be such tw...4ts about it as it was some time ago and ended up going court for it and getting done and indeed taught me a lesson.

I wont be so honest next time and will try and not participate in these kind of threads if this is what peoples attitudes like.

Indeed it was wrong to do that but don't you think i know that? dont need a lecture from tom,dick or harry who i dont even know.

I wasn't boasting about anything, just stating facts and all of a sudden u get a bunch of experts who seem to think they know the law better than the courts themselves.

If it really wasn't deserted and late at night, do some of you want to tell me why the courts/jury gave me 3 points and a fine? instead of a straight ban!, and their the ones who viewed the evidence not YOU!!

Some people go on here like they are gods gift and perfect themselves and have never made mistakes.

And to all of you giving lectures put your money where mouth is and i can prove eveything as i still have the vascar video somewhere used in evidence and my police/court papers/statements.

So people , call me whatever u like but put a grand on the table and i will soon shut you up!!!

I did never want this to turn into a sl4gging match but these days everything seems to be turning nasty.

And btw i can drive unlike some P***ys on here who shake at the thought of flooring a supra and yes mattyb it was under full control...dont u worry about that.

Actually i cant be bothered to argue with anyone as i dont need anyone's opinion and dont give 2 fc...ks about what you some of you think and also why the fc..k should i have to prove anything to anyone as i wasn't bragging in the first place.

So say what you want mr perfect's/keyboard warriors etc as i'm not viewing this thread anymore , so you can keep yourselves amused and have a happy new year.

P.s to a the mr perfects, your new years resolution can be to not talk too much $...hit until you know the facts!!

Who are you to pass judgment on anyone you old fool!!!

Were you not taught to respect your elders then?:rolleyes:

Thats just unnecessary.

For your own sake, chill out.

At the end of the day, you can say what you like because tbh i don't give 2 $hites about you or what you think.

Actually i cant be bothered to argue with anyone as i dont need anyone's opinion and dont give 2 fc...ks about what you some of you think

Thats just as well then, because i dont like intentionally upsetting or hurting people, but since you dont give a damn i too think you have come across as a grade A idiot.

The way i read it, DaveK was expressing a concern that sooner rather then later there would another another supra 'fatality' thread. You doing 140 in a 40 zone or whatever it was is obviously cause for concern and just highlights the fact he is probably very correct in his statement.

Fair enough you have acknoleged your wrong doing, so surely you can accept that you were being an 'idiot' doing that kind of speed in the first place? You can be the best driver in the world, but you will still make mistakes. Only takes one to end it all.

I originally made a honest statement about actual events that took place and didn't think that people on here would be such tw...4ts about it as it was some time ago and ended up going court for it and getting done and indeed taught me a lesson.

I wont be so honest next time and will try and not participate in these kind of threads if this is what peoples attitudes like.

Indeed it was wrong to do that but don't you think i know that? dont need a lecture from tom,dick or harry who i dont even know.

I wasn't boasting about anything, just stating facts and all of a sudden u get a bunch of experts who seem to think they know the law better than the courts themselves.

If it really wasn't deserted and late at night, do some of you want to tell me why the courts/jury gave me 3 points and a fine? instead of a straight ban!, and their the ones who viewed the evidence not YOU!!

Some people go on here like they are gods gift and perfect themselves and have never made mistakes.

And to all of you giving lectures put your money where mouth is and i can prove eveything as i still have the vascar video somewhere used in evidence and my police/court papers/statements.

So people , call me whatever u like but put a grand on the table and i will soon shut you up!!!

I did never want this to turn into a sl4gging match but these days everything seems to be turning nasty.

And btw i can drive unlike some P***ys on here who shake at the thought of flooring a supra and yes mattyb it was under full control...dont u worry about that.

You need to cut out the swearing, cut out the txt speak and start behaving like a useful member of the community. You are a complete moron for doing 138 in a 40 zone and you know it. Your best bet was to just say 'yes I was stupid, but its all behind me now' instead of being a prat and saying your car was too slow and you want an even faster one. Telling other people they are pussys for not driving like a moron just reinforces everybodys' opinion that you are a prat and at 138mph you are not in control, you are purely there for the ride.

Do you even know what your stopping distance is at that speed or just how much damage a 1.5tonne car can do when it hits something?

Start to behave or I will give you a short term ban. You should not be proud of being caught doing 138mph, and you got lucky with the jury and you know it.

speed kills and it happens all too quick... :(

all merry the first sec next one little thing ruins every thing...

due to a previous crash in a tiny 1.3 i relised and got first hand expirence on how easy it all happens,

i drive carefully and i proud of it. ya i have my madish moments:p but i do want to enjoy my supra/s for years to come!!! not die in one..:blink:

:innocent:god forbid:innocent:

You need to cut out the swearing, cut out the txt speak and start behaving like a useful member of the community. You are a complete moron for doing 138 in a 40 zone and you know it. Your best bet was to just say 'yes I was stupid, but its all behind me now' instead of being a prat and saying your car was too slow and you want an even faster one. Telling other people they are pussys for not driving like a moron just reinforces everybodys' opinion that you are a prat and at 138mph you are not in control, you are purely there for the ride.

Do you even know what your stopping distance is at that speed or just how much damage a 1.5tonne car can do when it hits something?

Start to behave or I will give you a short term ban. You should not be proud of being caught doing 138mph, and you got lucky with the jury and you know it.

:yeahthat: I'm glad someone said it, whatever way you look at it, almost 140 in a 70 is dangerous let alone almost 140 in a 40. Please dont go on a driving holiday to scotland n boost, 140 in a 40 is not cool.

The risks are that your stupidity hurts or kills somebody else. There is no way you can predict the effect of your own mistakes / accidents.u are the next "another Supra fatality" thread waiting to happen.

Ah but if you cared to actually look at the picture you'll notice that I'm wearing a Helmet as I'm competing on a Hillclimb event which the only place I do any type of speed so please dont lecture me on "another Supra fatality" because unlike some other speed jockeys here I limited my racing to the track!!!

Ah but if you cared to actually look at the picture you'll notice that I'm wearing a Helmet as I'm competing on a Hillclimb event which the only place I do any type of speed so please dont lecture me on "another Supra fatality" because unlike some other speed jockeys here I limited my racing to the track!!!
Don't get your nickers in such a twist Mike.

I reckon he was refering to n boosts antics when he said about the accident waiting to happen.

It's about time eveyone chilled out a bit and let this speeding thing just drop!