The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What scares you the most about your Supra?

hogmaw

What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. What's scares you the most re Supra ownership?

• Theft
    • Vandalism
    • Speeding Points
    • Losing Licence
    • Crashing (your fault)
    • Crashing (someone else's fault)
    • Getting owned/beat in a race
    • Not being able to afford the car payments & bills
    • Not driving it enough to warrant keeping it
    • None - I have no fear!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loosing my licence.

When i bought my bpu supra on the very first day i decided to take her for a drive that night and so called opened it up which ended up opening a police car door and getting sent to court for dangeruos driving.....clocked at 138 leptons( didn't know they would get there that quickly!) on a 40 dual carriageway at 2 am..ish.

Then on the next night i get a ASBO and spend the next 3months in and out of court, so yes loosing my licence is my first choice.

If something breaks you can fix it but if you loose your licence then nothing's going to fix that.

Hell, thats bad,:)

Crashing.

My own fault

Im not afriad to admit that it was one of a few deciding factors that ended in me selling the Supra

20Year old with a TT6.... losing mates to RTA's all around you, makes you think.

Couldnt drive it like i did my Old Subaru, so i gave up to RWD (after my BMW) and went 4wd again, funny though, as ive now made that more handle like a RWD and its fun fun

fun!

Perhaps the sheer size of the Supra didnt help.... Or id say my own inexperience!

Crashing.

My own fault

Im not afriad to admit that it was one of a few deciding factors that ended in me selling the Supra

20Year old with a TT6.... losing mates to RTA's all around you, makes you think.

Couldnt drive it like i did my Old Subaru, so i gave up to RWD (after my BMW) and went 4wd again, funny though, as ive now made that more handle like a RWD and its fun fun

fun!

Perhaps the sheer size of the Supra didnt help.... Or id say my own inexperience!

Nice to see some honesty here. I am twice your age and I still have to remind myself to treat the car with respect. One false move and that's it! It is easily done, every few weeks someone posts the dreaded 'crash' post on this very board, and that doesn't include the Supra owners who are NOT members of this board, or who don't post their misfortunes here

Crashing.

My own fault

fun!

A very sensible attitude. And one that several people could benefit from.

definately someone elses stupidity behind the wheel. I dont mind if I do something stupid (done it may times but i know the risks)

The risks are that your stupidity hurts or kills somebody else. There is no way you can predict the effect of your own mistakes / accidents.

Loosing my licence.

When i bought my bpu supra on the very first day i decided to take her for a drive that night and so called opened it up which ended up opening a police car door and getting sent to court for dangeruos driving.....clocked at 138 leptons( didn't know they would get there that quickly!) on a 40 dual carriageway at 2 am..ish.

Then on the next night i get a ASBO and spend the next 3months in and out of court, so yes loosing my licence is my first choice.

If something breaks you can fix it but if you loose your licence then nothing's going to fix that.

I seriously hope you learned something, because anybody who travels at 138mph in a 40mph speed limit - at whatever time of day - is quite frankly an idiot. You deserved to lose your license. Absolutely nobody in a 40mph limit is going to expect a car to suddenly appear 100mph over that.

Apologies for the lack of Christmas spirit, but frankly some of you are the next "another Supra fatality" thread waiting to happen.

Now whilst I've been a frequent attendent of the courts, for speeding, and as a person who's done a lot of stupid things at speed (All be it in slower cars than a Sup) in my past, doing 138 leptons in a 40 is rather excessive by any means, I'd like to see that bit of D/C, maybe a link to google maps for us to take a peek?

There's nothing the authorities can do to prosecute as there's no date mentiones, so, show us your track?...

There's loads of deserted place's on the outskirts of brum....just need to be motivated enough to find them!

If i decide to go for a drive i tend to go out of my way to find empty(deserted) places as for one it is pointless even trying to give the supe a boot on local roads when the car really gets going in the higher gears.

In court i had admitted to speeding but had been charged with dangerous driving due to my speed being so high.

I went on trial and the jury found me guilty of careless driving not dangerous because i was not in a built up area and it was late and deserted and i had admitted to the fact that i decided to give it a boot but had the car under full control and didn't realise the speeds i got to.

I did originally mention that i did not intend to go that fast but it was my first day with the car and didn't realise how fast i was going.

I got clocked on a vascar and averaged 90 something mph and the copper estimated my speed in the excess of 130 odd leptons at one point as the vascar includes the vechile slowing down as well as accelerating which reduces the reading.

Anyway bud, i don't really care what someone else thinks and at the end of the day it taught me to take it easy as loosing your licence is not a nice thing.

I just don't like the fact that people can judge others without even knowing the circumstances and facts.

Doing 100 in a built up area is completely different to doing a 100 on the motorway even though in both cases you are travelling at a 100.

I am not going to point out any of these stretches as they are also used by a few people i know so am not going to broadcast it on a public forum.

You were not on a motorway, and you have absolutely no way of knowing in advance that there was nobody else on the road.

All your new posts have demostrated are that you didn't learn anything and you clearly are still an idiot.

If it does all go horribly wrong one day, I hope you don't take anybody else with you.

I voted vandalism, Ive had 3 cars get broken into for the stereo, and its a massive ball ache. Id rather they just asked for the stereo, Id happily hand it over than go through the insurance/find a window/clean the glass up again. Also a hit n run which isnt on the list but thats second biggest (had that too).

On the theft point, if the car got stolen Id really rather it didnt come back than get it back thrashed and trashed, I watch Road Wars :D

Also N-boost, while I admire youre honesty in giving the full story out, nearly 140mph in a 40 is ridiculous and you were asking for it regardless of the time/location

You were not on a motorway, and you have absolutely no way of knowing in advance that there was nobody else on the road.

All your new posts have demostrated are that you didn't learn anything and you clearly are still an idiot.

If it does all go horribly wrong one day, I hope you don't take anybody else with you.

At the end of the day, you can say what you like because tbh i don't give 2 $hites about you or what you think.

I am not going to call you any names on a public forum, ok i will a few polite one's mr Gandhi, o saviour of this world but i certaniliy know what i would like to call you[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

And by the way what makes you so special?

Who are you to pass judgment on anyone you old fool!!!

I suggest you keep your comments forum related and not personal you D....k!

Edited by n boost (see edit history)

Also N-boost, while I admire youre honesty in giving the full story out, nearly 140mph in a 40 is ridiculous and you were asking for it regardless of the time/location

I know mate and clearly stated that i did not intend to go this speed but i happened so quick and didn't realise how fast i was travelling.

I put my hands up in court and admitted to my mistake and dont feel the need to justify it to anyone on any forum...especially the old fool who is making judjments.

You were not on a motorway he said........you fool read my first post and it clearly states dual carriageway so answers that for you .

Or maybe you were following me or hiding up a tree like a monkey as you think you have more details about the incident then me!