The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to look a a Supe today.... cast your opinions on this one please.

kins

They did take the pictures sort of outside their place, look at the first picture. Nice looking place :confused:

No-one commented on the manky looking HKS air filter yet? :eek:

That drivers seats is shagged out, look at the side bolsters, I've never seen one that bad before, looks baggy on the seat as well.

-Ian

Take a look at there website, the other mkiv they have has a nice top hose fitted, looks like something a builder would use :(

I missed the filter, the heat shields nice as well if thats what it is ??

Just looked at the other one, wtf, is that some sort of flexible pipe, and are Black 6spd TT's realy that *RARE*

Yeah so i went to look at it today.

Laughable really.... I don't know how he's in business with the quality of stock he carries.

For a start he said he'd be there at 1:00.... he turned up at least half an hour late.... very professional not :thumbdown:

I was waiting with a group of lads who came from Lincoln to look at an Evo 5 and a older lady with a evo VI (complete with chaved out full Veilside widebody kit and playboy stickers....:scare:).

So I get inside the warehouse crammed with imports (barely enough room to walk around or open the door). Despite the poor lighting I could easily notice the scratches, dents and poor paintwork. The bonnet was missing washer jets (think it must of had a carbon fiber bonnet). The rear hatch had definitely had paint as you could see poor masking, scratches from bad prep job and paint drips. I didn't even need to look at it under natural light it was bad enough under poor florescent lighting. This was just the start of it... the mileage is not 54,000 miles.... I looked through the MOT's and there were reports of lots mileage recordings well in excess of this figure. The guy said it had full jap service history.... bull crap..... it had one service at 40,000km.

Overall I was very disappointed with the quality of the car... I didn't even want to test drive it never mind run a HPI.:tongue:

I wasn't the only one either... the guys looking at the evo 5 weren't impressed either.... it had clearly had a new front bumper with a bad paint job and possibly new headlamps cough...front ender.... cough.

Looks like I'll definitely be looking at a members car. I need a supra that’s been well loved. The hunt continues.

Edited by kins (see edit history)

We just have to accept that these jokers will always be around pretending to be something there not selling something you really dont want to buy.

Its not always that obvious though so treat every car you look at the same.

Good luck on your hunt and hold out for the right car.

I constantly hear good things about Jurgen and JM imports and Jurg and I have exchanged a few emails in the past. The problem is I think the GBP isn't doing so good against the Jen at the moment. Therefore I feel Jurg is forced to sell at relatively high prices todays market / economy.

To be honest I thought the black one just sold to a German buyer was a little expensive for what it was.... a nice clean car with basic mods and a top secret bodykit. I'm really not looking to pay for a car with a bodykit as I prefer the stock look. I also feel facelift cars hold far too much of a premium. I'd sooner have a clean prefacelift car and upgrade the lights etc when I feel fit.

Has everyone noticed a lot of Supes are going to Europe?.. Sweden... Germany etc.... the damn Euro is to blame, we are nearly at parody with the bloody thing.

Karl

Edited by kins (see edit history)

Has everyone noticed a lot of Supes are going to Europe?.. Sweden... Germany etc.... the damn Euro is to blame, we are nearly at parody with the bloody thing.

Parity ;)

I know what you mean though, Jurgen does find a lot of bodykitted, modified Supras, but that's because they'll sell and most cars have been modified. However, he found my first Supra for me which was 100% OEM (it even had the OEM skirts & spats fitted) - they can be found if you look.

Not much you can do about the exchange rates, that does bugger things up somewhat. :(

Parity ;)

I know what you mean though, Jurgen does find a lot of bodykitted, modified Supras, but that's because they'll sell and most cars have been modified. However, he found my first Supra for me which was 100% OEM (it even had the OEM skirts & spats fitted) - they can be found if you look.

Not much you can do about the exchange rates, that does bugger things up somewhat. :(

Hahaha "Parity" that's the one lol

I just have to be patient.