The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insulted by car dealer!!! Supra worth ......

The Raven

Its British Law that insurers have to offer you the market value for your car, no more, no less.

Most will offer you a crap 'book' price for your car, its then upto to prove the market value of your car with ads etc to get what its worth.

I agree but try doing it on a modded car with a widebody kit etc i didnt want the hassel and seeing as my agreed value policy cost me £300 i'd of been a fool not to have it.

Theres too much hassel in life and this just cross's one bit off if the worst should happen, no aguments no trawling adverts i get a cheque for £12k !! a result imo

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

You have an old car with high mileage. It has an arguably Chavvy image and a tendency to drink fuel. The dealer has to try and sell that in the current economic and environmental climate and yet you feel offended that he ONLY offered you book price!

What's the weather like in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

You have an old car with high mileage. It has an arguably Chavvy image and a tendency to drink fuel. The dealer has to try and sell that in the current economic and environmental climate and yet you feel offended that he ONLY offered you book price!

What's the weather like in Cloud Cuckoo Land?

Not to bad when hes trying to sell me a 27k evo that needs an oil change every 1000 miles and does worse mpg than the supra. In fact i will ask him

So you agree thats what the car is worth?

*Edit*

Nothing to do with the fact he knew he might be able to make a cool few k selling it on?

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

I was offered a 5spd TT on a 93 plate for £1200 as a salesman mate at merc gave £1k for it trade in. Hence all the spotty little boy racers at 17 getting them! The money they save on buying them is obviously how they afford to insure them.

Was there a 5Speed TT from the Factory?

I hear about this "book price" all the time but surely who is the one that writes the values in it??

I mean how does it work??

Is the depreciation worked out by the manufacture? or market climate specific mathematical workings etc? or is it just the "a entities opinion" on what the car is worth.

I would really like to know "who" writes the figures in this "book" cos it screws everyone on insurance payouts , trade in's etc....

I hear about this "book price" all the time but surely who is the one that writes the values in it??

I mean how does it work??

Is the depreciation worked out by the manufacture? or market climate specific mathematical workings etc? or is it just the "a entities opinion" on what the car is worth.

I would really like to know "who" writes the figures in this "book" cos it screws everyone on insurance payouts , trade in's etc....

Who is these 2 companies:

http://www.glass.co.uk & http://www.cap.co.uk

get urself a protected ncb, strip the supe down to worthless parts and drive it into a pikey site or field and set fire to it. providing u have an agreed value, grab the cash and run...then hopefully ur ins premium wont go up that much....

So when do you drive yours to the pikey site? :p

A dealer up North offered to buy mine for £4k cash.