The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lake District meet-up/tour - 12th June 2005

AJI

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly heading down from Dumfries if I decided to take the Drive up on Saturday night instead

( parents live there, not just planning a random trip :D )

Would you head down the A1 or come up the A8/M8 and then M74/A74. If the latter we could meet at the services near Strathclyde Park.

Would you head down the A1 or come up the A8/M8 and then M74/A74. If the latter we could meet at the services near Strathclyde Park.

Would be A74 mate, just deciding on what Iam gonna do. Drive to Dumfries or just drive from Kiddi Sunday morning. If its the first, meeting on the way sounds good :thumbs:

Stu - I think it's just me and you going down the A69.

Dale is going A66 way. Kopite/Ro is not coming as he's in Liverpool, Chris B has blown a turbo so he's out!

Regards,

Gaz.

You 2 could always come down A1 and over 66 with me. Its just the same for you fella's ... down and over instead of over and down. :clap:

Would be A74 mate, just deciding on what Iam gonna do. Drive to Dumfries or just drive from Kiddi Sunday morning. If its the first, meeting on the way sounds good :thumbs:

Didn't get your PM till late, but I was planning on leaving around 8ish! I'll pm my moby.

Just Got home !!

I must have aqua planed at least 3/4 times on the A66. Cool end to a superb day.

Perfectly organised, can't wait for the pics to come out. Great to see so many old faces and some new ones to remember. :grouphug:

I'll see some of you at the end of the month when I go to see Liam for my lights etc. :offtopic:

As for the York's lot, sorry some of you left early, will hope to see you again soon guys. Matt get the conversion done sure Gaz can sort it for you. :stickpoke

Off to see some large pillows for a few hours !! :sex:

Just got home, Finally!!

Day was great and was very well organised, was good to meet all you guys, and see some awesome motors :respekt: . Shame though that I had to leave early because of a puncture :cry:

Thought I could make it home by just stopping every now and again and re-inflating the tyre, but the tyre then developed a MASSIVE bubble on the inside wall (Pics will be soon posted by Dazsir, it really is huge, don't know how it didn't burst!!)

big thanks to daszir who followed me back and swapped his spare with me 'cause mine was flat!! :rolleyes:.

Again, was a great day and hope to meet you guys again soon.

Just got home too! As Tom said, perfectly organised! Well thought out, good presentation, and superb directional handouts! Well done AJI, i take a bow towards ya! :tongue: :thumbs:

Good to see the usual faces again, and sorry to Jim and Daz who had to turn back because Jim got a bubble in his tyre wall! :help: Thanx to Daz for sorting out the B & B for us on Saturday night also!

Top day, good weather for the first half of the route, shame it rained for the second sprint, but hey, that's something that can't be helped!

Nice to meet everyone elso too guys, got a few faces to go with names now so that really helps, and they belong to some SWEET rides too! Nice cars, all of ya, seriously! It felt great being in the company of so many well turned out Soops!

Few pictures to start you all off. (Sorry if some are blurry but difficult to drive with your knees as you all noticed! :scare: )

P.S. Gaz, i DO want to book my car in for it's conversion! Get back to me if you would! :thumbs:

100_0634.JPG

100_0635.JPG

100_0638.JPG

100_0639.JPG

100_0640.JPG

100_0641.JPG

100_0642.JPG

100_0643.JPG

100_0645.JPG

100_0646.JPG

100_0647.JPG

100_0648.JPG

100_0650.JPG

100_0652.JPG

100_0653.JPG

Good Grief! :stickpoke

You missed out m8! They were girls there and everything!! LOL

I'm not allowed to go near girls :(

I hadn't realised the date, been following the thread but totally lost track of where in the month we are and stayed in bed till lunchtime.... maybe next time!

I'm not allowed to go near girls :(

I hadn't realised the date, been following the thread but totally lost track of where in the month we are and stayed in bed till lunchtime.... maybe next time!

Get a diary Mike!! Hope to meet you at the next one, and i'm sure Tom and i will manage to hold the girls off you! (So we can have them! He he!) :sly:

Evening all! Sorry Jim and I had to call off, I was gutted as we were looking forward to it!

Glad I followed Jim home though as the big tart might not have made it home, he would have had to thumb a lift (by the circus troupe we passed) and he would be now in the hands of Papa Lazarou, and he would be his wife, Dave. :tongue:

On the way home after I left Jim, I was going down this country road at speed followed by a Scooby, slowed for a bend, applied the power and the big Sup span 180 degrees, leaving me pointing the opposite way!

Big thanks to the Scooby owner who had the sense to follow at a distance, even at 90+ leptons (well he was struggling! :p )

Exchanged comical words, turned around and went home, woke the GF up though from her 60 mile slumber!!!!!