The mkiv Supra Owners Club

We Help A Supra Today

Guest headhunter666

It's been like that for most of this year with no issues, the difference isn't massive and the wheel size is the same, so same amount of traction on both corners....

Seriously what issues would this cause though as it didn't seem to cause me any? Would understand if the size was different leading to different amounts of rubber on each corner (probably cause you to go in circles lol), but this isn't the case here, and the offsets were only slightly out.

The guy at Bracknell Tyre place pointed it out when I put new ones on, but said it shouldn't affect performance. Otherwise I would never have driven it out of there...

Ideally CW would comment but he doesnt come in here.

Its not meant to be like that, or they would sell random offsets in a 'set' of wheels. If its not meant to be like that then its best to get it back how it should be.

It 'shouldnt effect performance' from a tyre monkey might be ok on a 1.0 fiesta, but not really on a Supra

I know it's not meant to be like that, I'm just curious as to what affect it would have on safety. It wasn't ideal but I didn't have much choice at the time due to them not making Racing Harts anymore and I couldn't afford £2k for a new set of wheels (as nice as those). My niaviety (sp?) at the time didn't pick it up.

I'd driven them for a while before I changed the tyres, and both before and after I felt no noticeable difference, but then I never raced it, and maybe I couldn't detect if it had altered handling..

Instead of speculation which I'm sure this thread will turn into, does someone have any facts on how this would cause issues? Remembering total width of wheels and tyres are the same, and offset wasn't far out.

If the difference can be spotted just by looking at the wheel then that's a HUGE amount of difference to the handling !!

You may not have noticed it due to the suspension working overtime to negate the difference ... and the tyres would have worn very quickly at the peak loaded areas until the loading reduced.

I would remove both wheels immediately and not drive the car until it was sorted.

This is far too dangerous to even consider anything else and could lead to a high speed blowout resulting in death.

Please dont play with peoples lives like this.

but the dish is reduced by the amount of the offset, so the tyres are touching the ground in the same place in relation to the chassis, it's not as if they are flat alloys and one is sticking out further than the other on the car.

I.e the offset might be an inch different, but the amount of dish out from that point is reduced by the same amount, so the far edge of the wheel is the same distance from the hub and ends up the same distance in from the wheel arch.