The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flocked the dash

Mike M

Thanks for the comments guys:) yeah thats the black kit.

I think i'm just gonna leave the top panel painted.

What do you reckon?

Mike

Leave it painted I think, i'm going to order some of that flocking stuff today I think, I will also leave parts painted (in silver though).

Really liking the look of the flocked panels, I've been thinking of doing it to mine but wanted to see somebody else do it first! :)

It should stick ok to standard rubber without having to peel it all off first shouldn't it? Big bonus for me not having to sit and do that..

Seems to be fine, the panel round the dials still had the rubber coating on and I covered an area in glue to test first and it didnt react. Still looks fine and thats since Friday. I guess worst case scenario is you can peel it all off with the rubber coating if you dont like it.:D

I also like this... just not sure how hard wearing it is?

Mike now its dry and all fitted what do you think? pretty durable? thinking of the door cards and dash for my mini :)

was going to do that alcantara type stuff you can buy off Ebay.

Thanks Steve

I'm still wary of it and conscious of not rubbing it. Mean I managed to get all the bits fitted onto the panels and get them back in the car without scraping it off so its not like you touch it and its a disaster. So far i've tested a couple of hidden areas and if you have a good go at it with your nail it will come off.

Cant say anymore about it really, its transformed the look of my dash and gives a nice quality look to it.

Not so sure how long it would last on door cards mind you getting rubbed and kicked all the time.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for the comments guys:) yeah thats the black kit.

I think i'm just gonna leave the top panel painted.

What do you reckon?

Mike

'scuse my ignorance, but isn't the top panel the most worthwhile bit to get done? Surely that's the panel that generates the most reflection?

lol - fair play, mate. :cool: It does look good.

Your right though mate the top panel would be the best to do for reducing the reflections especially if its painted.:)

Be interesting to see it done in another colour, go for it Luka-P, take your time and wear a dust mask oh and the most important bit, spread the glue about evenly or it goes patchy or lumpy.

• 1 year later...