The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What type of oil dip-stick do you have?

carl0s

pretty sure all facelifts have the el cheapo (lighter) yellow ring pull flat blade type.........not sure if its a specific facelift change per se but imo at least all 93/4 model cars will have the more quality twisted braid and black 'engine oil' topped dipstick.

Yep, it seems to be a facelift thing. I'm not sure if it's to save weight or money though. :(

Probably a money thing, I mean, look at the facelift dash, it is a bit too plastic, it looks a bit on the el cheapo side unfortunetly...:(

Get off, the facelift dash is way better - they fixed the ghastly rubber coating that peels off at the edges after five seconds of ownership.

Get off, the facelift dash is way better - they fixed the ghastly rubber coating that peels off at the edges after five seconds of ownership.

No but what I mean is, you know the 5 piece dash surround, I removed it the other day when I updated my dash with CF and discovered how flimsy and 'tinny' it really is...

The clock cover bit is a bit flimsy and prone to jiffly squeaks but blu-tac sorts that :) I think the facelift clock layout is much nicer though so I'll forgive it.

I had to 'modify' my dash a bit so that the CF could go around it, I had to remove the plastic bit of the clock, you know the front bit that sticks out,

and happily, the rest of the clock fits through quite nicely...:)

It still needs a bit of 'tweaking' though as the light appears as a halo around the clock, so I need to get rid of that too...:)

I had to 'modify' my dash a bit so that the CF could go around it, I had to remove the plastic bit of the clock, you know the front bit that sticks out,

and happily, the rest of the clock fits through quite nicely...:)

It still needs a bit of 'tweaking' though as the light appears as a halo around the clock, so I need to get rid of that too...:)

No, no, the clocks as in the speedo, rev counter, boost, fuel, temp gauges :) The analogue clock in mine went the way of the dode for an EGT gauge loooong ago.

Can't say I'm a fan of the stick on carbon effect wallpaper :confused: never quite understood it as every dash I've ever seen with it on looks like a dash with some carbon effect stuff stuck on.

-Ian

No, no, the clocks as in the speedo, rev counter, boost, fuel, temp gauges :) The analogue clock in mine went the way of the dode for an EGT gauge loooong ago.

Can't say I'm a fan of the stick on carbon effect wallpaper :confused: never quite understood it as every dash I've ever seen with it on looks like a dash with some carbon effect stuff stuck on.

-Ian

Ah right sorry Ian, yes you are right, it does look nicer but it's let down by how flimsy it is though...

The stuff I have got is real CF but it is the stick on version, I think it compliments my Supe quite nicely as I have a CF steering as standard from Toyota...:)

I know it's not to everyone's taste, but each to their own I suppose...:)