hoff

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear me Alex. Poor Supra :p

it'll be an air lock at the back of the engine bay where the 2 pipes for the heater matrix head through the firewall.

You have 2 choices as far as I know. Option 1 is to perform a magic trick wherby you undo each pipe in turn, point it skywards and top it up with coolant, and then instantly reattach it where it belongs without any coolant spilling out (and re-introducing an air lock).

Option 2 is to find a HUGELY STEEP hill and point the car UP it, so the heater matrix hoses aren't the highest point in the system any more, the air travels round the system and escapes through the expansion bottle. Leave the engine running with the heater on full, and massage the pipes to try and encourange the air to move.

Neither of those options are much good to me when it's pitch black outside and I don't have a steep hill to park on. :(

Ah well, you're fooked then. :D

Do it at first light :p

As long as you have enough coolant in the system to cool the engine (check, regualrly, to confirm you only had 1 problem - i.e. the disintegrated rad cap), don't worry too much as long as you are only pootling about (i.e. don't rag it and get it hot), but do sort it ASAP.

As always, check that coolant gauge regularly whenever the engine is running; when driving but especially when in stationary traffic as the rad isn't seeing as much airflow.

whatever you do alex dont join the na-na club with me and marc. Lol. Hope you sort it mate. :)

Posted via Mobile Device

:D I'll sorn it rather than do an na-na switch! Trying to think where I can find a steep hill that's safe to park up on at 9pm.

Depends how much air is in there - and how much engine bay heat they've absorbed from teh outside-in whilst you've been parked up, of course.

I can't think what else would result in not getting (any/much/normal amount of) heat into the passenger compartment if there isn't an air lock and both pipes are hot.

Wait till it's all cold, then start the car and check the pipes both get hot after a period of time (leave the bonnet up so no other heat gets into them.

Why thank you Mr R:) Like I said to you today though, I dont know how you guys organise whole events. Its hard enough just getting a few of us together for the drive to them:d You and the other guys are such a credit to theclub for the time and effort put in to sort out days like today:thumbs: