The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mutany Supra

Guest getmoregetmint

are they still around?

the site seems to be down, i remember seeing their supra from the japshow, just wondering if there still around

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x297/grantcarlin/japshow%2008/DSC_0024.jpg

If they are still around give them a very,very wide berth.I know people that have had work done by these cowboys and seen it for my self.The guy that drives that supe is like Elvis(he works down our chip shop)Remember the song??:D:p

I dont think the video does it justice. You really need to see the car in the flesh to understand just how much of the front is missing. Its not just like the aluminium bit that some aftermarket bumpers need removed, that guy had taken the whole lot out.

From what I could see the front is held together by the FMIC.

JB

I dont think the video does it justice. You really need to see the car in the flesh to understand just how much of the front is missing. Its not just like the aluminium bit that some aftermarket bumpers need removed, that guy had taken the whole lot out.

JB

That is the thing, as you say the video doesn't quite show.. I actually went home and checked my car to see how much was missing and it is an awful amount of stuff. Slam panels the lot.

JB

That is the thing, as you say the video doesn't quite show.. I actually went home and checked my car to see how much was missing and it is an awful amount of stuff. Slam panels the lot.

Yes i remember this car, like you say Gav, i saw this at the Ace Cafe meet too, i thought the same thing, why the hell would you do that to a safe car and transform it into an UNSAFE car?! :blink:

Beats me! :rolleyes:

Guest getmoregetmint

how much would all that cost then, the doors, bonnet etc.

surely if hes got money to spend on that crap he can afford to make it safe

I chatted with the owner for a while at ACE, I really dont think he knows what he has in terms of lack of safety and performance mods, the single build is very suspect in quality and the removal of most of the front end has been done for 100% cosmetic reasons with no thought for safety, however the owner did not seem at all bothered by any of this and he drives the car very hard

The one thing the video does not show is that this car as a lot of rough edges and poor fitments of both body kit and engine parts, its a nice idea but not one that has been well executed

the young crowd at ACE loved it however and a lot had there pictures taken with it

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

Guest jamesthejames

I am very much new to this site and something has become very apparent already...

I joined this group hoping that it would be filled with owner/enthusiasts, but the more i read it, its more just you guys bad mouthing other peoples cars...sure they have not done perfect jobs, but at least they tried something different. True enthusiasts would help these people out, give them helpful advise on how to fix it, make those "bad eggs" good again, a few of you complained about something along the lines of "this is why supra owners get a bad name". FIX IT, help them get it right, save the supra owner reputation.

the car in this particular forum is likely not one of the best examples, as from what i saw in the videos, the guy does seem like a douche...but the car that really sticks out is the, as you all dubbed it "the foam supra", the blue wide body...that guy kept at it and kept updating with posts and pics, and the whole time it was just slander from everyone else...even once it was done, the only thing people could point out was the parts they did not like...and in a harsh way at that. Im a member of other car enthusiast sites, and you guys are like no other...i really dont get it.

I am very much new to this site and something has become very apparent already...

I joined this group hoping that it would be filled with owner/enthusiasts, but the more i read it, its more just you guys bad mouthing other peoples cars...

And I'm assuming you are a fairly youngish person (forgive me if I'm wrong), but you don't understand the nuances that some people don't listen? You also seem to have focused on two items, and missed a bazillion others...

the car in this particular forum is likely not one of the best examples, as from what i saw in the videos, the guy does seem like a douche...but the car that really sticks out is the, as you all dubbed it "the foam supra", the blue wide body...that guy kept at it and kept updating with posts and pics, and the whole time it was just slander from everyone else...even once it was done, the only thing people could point out was the parts they did not like...and in a harsh way at that.

Im a member of other car enthusiast sites, and you guys are like no other...i really dont get it.

We are unique :), and personally if something is bad why should we keep our gobs shut. That red one in particular is actually dangerous, but since you haven't seen the car physically because you are in carebear world sorry canada you don't fully understand it.

You sir are coming across as a troll....

Guest chinstrapped

Well to be fair James, the guy has savaged a lovely car and drives it like a complete c*ck. He's clearly a liability, not only to himself, but to the safety of the public. Not to mention his idiot buddy filming him with what sounds like a baby in the car???

Can't blame members of this forum for wanting a wiiiiiiiiide gap between themselves and this prat.

Well to be fair James, the guy has savaged a lovely car and drives it like a complete c*ck. He's clearly a liability, not only to himself, but to the safety of the public. Not to mention his idiot buddy filming him with what sounds like a baby in the car???

Can't blame members of this forum for wanting a wiiiiiiiiide gap between themselves and this prat.

Very well said.