The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Project

Matt H

i have been in Rob Wilds car and the shift pretty much feels like stock, however i decided to go with the emanage ultimate due to all the stuff written about bad gear changes etc with the AEM, however as i run a BL box i may reconsider, good info Ryan, good luck with the car Matt you deserve some :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Matt i'm sure things will go well for you with Michel at the helm.

Have you got a budget or is it a blank cheque book, i would suggest setting a figure you want to spend then it's your choice if it goes over budget.

I'm sure you will enjoy the 500+ feel of a supra :)

Any plans on taking it up the 1/4 mile strip at Pod when it's done?

Price has been set and agreed upon already so its all good in that department.

Yeah definately, when i get the chance, went to suprapod the other year when my car was in TF, just missed out on that one. Definately on my to do list.

Good luck with it Matt :)

Ta ;)

Good Luck Matt, hope it goes to plan

Ta ;)

Hey well he owes us all a 10 from when he had the hybrids so with this new single setup a 9 should be a breeze for Matt ;) :D

:p

Well i distinctly remember i said i wanted below 12 with 451bhp, high 11's. You can think 10 if you like ;) But either way, should be blitzing you up the strip soon ;) :D

i have been in Rob Wilds car and the shift pretty much feels like stock, however i decided to go with the emanage ultimate due to all the stuff written about bad gear changes etc with the AEM, however as i run a BL box i may reconsider, good info Ryan, good luck with the car Matt you deserve some :D

Cheers Paul ;)

Matt, you crazy :D

Hope everything goes to plan this time round, no doubt it will though with the car being in Michel's hands, he certainly knows what he's doing.

Has he taken you out in his yet? I'm still smiling from being in that car, felt like I was getting back into a milk float after though.

Im glad you have finally come round to the single world matt. Was sick of hearing about how you want to stick with the secquential setup because you like the way it drives and dont like singles.

Look forward to saying the same thing when you go 6 speed.

Well i distinctly remember i said i wanted below 12 with 451bhp, high 11's. You can think 10 if you like ;) But either way, should be blitzing you up the strip soon ;) :D

Might I direct you to these posts: ;)

What part of your spec makes you think you'll be on for 11's :eyebrows:

Well if yours can do 11's i reckon ill be on for 10's

Posted on this thread. Back peddling much? ;) :p :D

I look forward to our duels on the 1/4 mile - more constructive than on here and waaay more fun! :)

Might I direct you to these posts: ;)

Posted on this thread. Back peddling much? ;) :p :D

I look forward to our duels on the 1/4 mile - more constructive than on here and waaay more fun! :)

Like i said 11's!!! the later was a joke, you know ha ha. Horse walks into a bar kinda stuff.

I'll look forward to showing you up on the strip as well as on here!! :D

"Well if your car is going graham ill be doing a drag run asap, so ill be posting up my results when i get the chance, not sure what to expect but id hope to be in the 11's"
Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Guys will explain the situ when i get back from Leeds tomorrow as just got back from the dyno now and leaving for leeds at 6am tomorrow.

But the short answer is, With the BL boxes they seem to behave as they should due to line pressure differences.

Ryan

No need to explain mate i see the difference now did not no rob was running bl box , I no you told me about the stock sensors were not computable with the aem as different line pressurs .

Well Ryan Mapped mine on the EMU and did a top job at it too.

As far as the changes of the gearing goes i would say i cant tell any difference from Toyota's stock setup (which is a good thing). Certainly no hesitation. Other then that the car pulls faster due to increase in power.

Only thing i would say about the Auto's that annoy me slightly, is that i feel it could change a little higher up the rev band personally and perhaps maximise power?

Power delivery is better mind compared to before Ryan mapped it.

I'd be intrested to hear of your results Matt. Without being in the know, i wouldnt have thought jumping 50 bhp odd would be much of a difference.

Pardon my ignorance, but will you not notice less of a difference then from going stock to BPU?

I'd be intrested to hear of your results Matt. Without being in the know, i wouldnt have thought jumping 50 bhp odd would be much of a difference.

Pardon my ignorance, but will you not notice less of a difference then from going stock to BPU?

Well the thing is it was mapped by a cowboy, and whether or not it actually ran 451bhp on my hybrid set up i'll never know for sure. It wasn't any tinkering higher up the rev range.

Matt, did you go from stock to Bpu? Or did you buy your car as it was?

Bought my car almost stock. It wasn't BPU but had second CAT removed + walbro pumps etc. Then i went BPU++ (Hybrids with high boost, injectors, front mount etc).

I've taken it through every change.

I'll be doing a manual conversion before I go single, so will have it dyno'd before and after for a comparison. I had it on a hub dyno a few months ago but the auto box wasn't filling me with confidence in the readings. Initially the reading was at almost 2000 in torque, and the fans went absolutely mental. It was the first time they'd had an auto on the new dyno, so I think most of the adjustments were guess work.

Did you go from BPU to single then Paul?

I still think would be nice to get an idea of the power hike your paying for. Personally speaking anyway.

yes i did and it would have been a nice to have but as the local dyno didn't know the first thing about doing autos but offered to "have a go" they didn't fill me with confidence, so i waited till it was finished and then got it set up on an auto friendly dyno some miles away, on the subject of auto boxs i do find it a bit dissapointing that so many feel them as second class to the 6 speed, to me they both have strengths / weaknesses but in most road situations an auto is just as good and indeed in some situations can be (if i dare say it) better :taped: