The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Project

Matt H

TBH ive never been in a Ryan Mapped AEM on autobox (only DanT) and he may have it sussed now.

Ahh right yeah I also heard that DanT never really got to grips with the autobox + AEM. Ryan has though! that lad is genus with a laptop! If your ever this way Jamie your more than welcome to a test drive :) Im not sure my driving is upto your standards though :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have too but its been 4 years of spending and i doubt i'd get the trade in value either!! :D

Its not no but it has had all the visible bits sprayed Matt black and it looks great. Next step is a complete leather re-trim including dash and a pillars etc to finish her off :)

Cheers for the compliments JODY :)

He has done yours mate :) proof is in the pudding as they say. Cant wait! remember to give me a shout when we're going up! ;)

I'm purely going from Michels advise and i'm going to stick with it as he knows his stuff. Not sure what the score is with parts but i believe Michel has started ordering already. Thanks for the offer though :)

No worries mate but you have been warned lol the aem cant cope with all the different load sites that the stock one has like i say I'm speaking from experience as I'm running a 450 bhp single on the aem and don't get me wrong it drivers lovey normal but as soon as you come to give it some stick it cant keep up with the gear change and there are a fue other issues ,,

Who will be mapping your car?

lol next time I will research before posting the joke :D good luck with it why don't you go the whole hog and add a 6 speed box?

I'm one of these (apparantly rare) owners that really likes the auto. I'd probably go 6 speed in the future if / when the box needs replacing due to peer pressure from my mates!! :D but until then i'm sticking with the Auto

Ahh right yeah I also heard that DanT never really got to grips with the autobox + AEM. Ryan has though! that lad is genus with a laptop! If your ever this way Jamie your more than welcome to a test drive :) Im not sure my driving is upto your standards though :D

I was under the impression DanT never go to grips with anything?! :D

Who will be mapping your car?

Well Ryan G is Michels mapper of choice so i presume it will be him :)

Might be worth pming him mate as he mapped mine and its not great so he told me to get the emu which he is mapping for me on thursday ,

But if your looking to get the manaul then stick with it , like i say speak to micheal to about my bits as you may save your self some money which is what it's about .

would love to take you up on that offer Rob if it would be extended this way?? Want to get a feel for the auto transfer with the AEM before I deceide what to do with mine. May PM you in a bit about auto options :D

Mike

Good luck Matt i'm sure things will go well for you with Michel at the helm.

Have you got a budget or is it a blank cheque book, i would suggest setting a figure you want to spend then it's your choice if it goes over budget.

I'm sure you will enjoy the 500+ feel of a supra :)

Any plans on taking it up the 1/4 mile strip at Pod when it's done?

Edited by GazB (see edit history)

Nope Ryan mapped mine and he said he will not do the auto any more , Hence why I'm down grading to the greddy emu . :(

Who mapped your rob?

Ryan mapped it. Seriously don't understand this tbh :blink: :search: I wonder why mine drives different to yours? Honestly in fact Matt's been in my car under err load :eyebrows: and there is no jerking, hesitation, it just drops down pulls like a train. The change on full boost is so fast you can hardly feel it. Plus i'd be worried about going back to a EMU because of the smoothness of the power delivery now and general drivability of the car now its got an AEM. BTW im not knocking the EMU it was a good piece of kit. I would love to hear Ryan's side of the story from a technically point of view.

would love to take you up on that offer Rob if it would be extended this way?? Want to get a feel for the auto transfer with the AEM before I deceide what to do with mine. May PM you in a bit about auto options :D

Mike

No problem Mike anytime :)

Ryan mapped it. Seriously don't understand this tbh :blink: :search: I wonder why mine drives different to yours? Honestly in fact Matt's been in my car under err load :eyebrows: and there is no jerking, hesitation, it just drops down pulls like a train. The change on full boost is so fast you can hardly feel it. Plus i'd be worried about going back to a EMU because of the smoothness of the power delivery now and general drivability of the car now its got an AEM. BTW im not knocking the EMU it was a good piece of kit. I would love to hear Ryan's side of the story from a technically point of view.

Ya i would like to hear Ryan's feed back on this to :(. mine is very smooth tho the gears and when you first engage D or R it's very smooth like stock and everyday driving is great . but if you come to a hill it will not kick down will just struggle on up it in the same gear ! and then if i drive it hard it cant change gear quick enough so just hits the rev limiter and gets all confused! Ryan told me he could not sort this and i would have to live with it of change the ecu so this is what i went for .

Rob you say about the power delivery of the emu whats up with it? and is there any other things you did not like about it?

Sorry to go off topic Matt .

Ya i would like to hear Ryan's feed back on this to :(. mine is very smooth tho the gears and when you first engage D or R it's very smooth like stock and everyday driving is great . but if you come to a hill it will not kick down will just struggle on up it in the same gear ! and then if i drive it hard it cant change gear quick enough so just hits the rev limiter and gets all confused! Ryan told me he could not sort this and i would have to live with it of change the ecu so this is what i went for .

Again Matt I fine its totally weird as mine changes so fast and does pull to the redline but always changes before I hit it and changes up and down on hills just like stock.

Rob you say about the power delivery of the emu whats up with it? and is there any other things you did not like about it?

Sorry to go off topic Matt .

I'm knocking it (EMU) but I found with the AEM that it comes on boost much sooner, changes much faster etc etc

Again Matt I fine its totally weird as mine changes so fast and does pull to the redline but always changes before I hit it and changes up and down on hills just like stock.

I'm knocking it (EMU) but I found with the AEM that it comes on boost much sooner, changes much faster etc etc

Guys will explain the situ when i get back from Leeds tomorrow as just got back from the dyno now and leaving for leeds at 6am tomorrow.

But the short answer is, With the BL boxes they seem to behave as they should due to line pressure differences.

Ryan