The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non turbo dump valve

RamzisX

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock back and forwards when driving it will shave 1 second of your 60 time and add 20mph to top end.

Also, just make the wooossshhhhhh noise to the 13 year old girls out the window......impressive stuff

Don't forget to tilt the seats right back as far as they'll go too, it'll help lower the centre of gravity.

:D How funny, but belive it or not you can get a dump valve kit for a N/A! ( not the speaker one )

I cant remember exactly how it worked as we fitted a kit to a customers car proberly 5 years ago now!

What it had in the kit was a air tank ( about the size of a car battery ) that i think was connected to a one way valve on the vacumm side of the engine, this then filled the air tank some how that was fitted with a dump valve on the end ( hks, bailey etc ) There was a micro switch on the throttle that when you realised the throttle it would trigger the tank to blow compressed air out through the dump valve! And there you have it! A N/A with a dump valve!

And to prove the kit helps you pull, the chap smashed the car up 20 minutes after picking the car up because he was busy looking at some girls at the bus stop who was apparently giving him the eye ball after hearing him coming down the road!

I will see if have some pictures of the kit HIDDEN away any where for you guys and girls :sos:

:D How funny, but belive it or not you can get a dump valve kit for a N/A! ( not the speaker one )

I cant remember exactly how it worked as we fitted a kit to a customers car proberly 5 years ago now!

What it had in the kit was a air tank ( about the size of a car battery ) that i think was connected to a one way valve on the vacumm side of the engine, this then filled the air tank some how that was fitted with a dump valve on the end ( hks, bailey etc ) There was a micro switch on the throttle that when you realised the throttle it would trigger the tank to blow compressed air out through the dump valve! And there you have it! A N/A with a dump valve!

And to prove the kit helps you pull, the chap smashed the car up 20 minutes after picking the car up because he was busy looking at some girls at the bus stop who was apparently giving him the eye ball after hearing him coming down the road!

I will see if have some pictures of the kit HIDDEN away any where for you guys and girls :sos:

Looking at the pictures i might be wrong! It seems it was fitted to a diesel turbo not a N/A, i guess it used the boost off the turbo to charge the air can? Like i said this was a long time ago, hence i never remembered it was a diesel!

Well, you can get an intercooler for an NA...

http://www.doingitwrong.com/wrong/20070515-003451.jpg

Haha! By the time the air's got to the engine the piping in the bay will have warmed it back up anyway! Besides, that's a lowly D-series Honda engine, no mods will make that thing produce any power... :D Except a turbo of course... :blink:

Supradriver - No mate, it's an EK Honda Civic, D-series engine, less than 100bhp. It's the B-Series that pack the power :cool:

Edited by benkei (see edit history)