The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Officially trading (Suspension bush replacement)

miko_supra

2 questions.

1) Do you offer a range/choice of bushes you can supply and/or fit? (ie do you prefer not to fit x type?) What bushes can you supply and at what price?

2) Can you have the arms powder coated rather than painted?

The only two types of bushes that i've used and know of (that are a full kit) are powerflex and R2. R2 i find is better as they supply everything and are better value. Powerflex dont include the rear upper control arm bushes for some reason and have to be sourced from a seperate company for about £80.

The main advantage with getting powerflex is the delivery time as they are a uk supplier where as R2 have to be shipped over from the states.

Im talking to a company at the moment about powder coating as supradibbs wants his powder coated so yes that can be done too.

what about if i brought my car to you for you to change all the bushes yourself, is that a service that you provide? if so, can you do it in a day?

Yeah i can do that if you like. The problem this time of year is the amount of light available in the day. I could do it in a couple of days if all you wanted was the bushes removed and replaced with new ones.

If you can only leave the car with me for a day at a time, then i could do one end, say the front and then the next time i could do the rear.

Edited by miko_supra (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For a complete set of bushes from powerflex it is £315

R2 bushes are £260 (at todays exchange rate) Then there is postage from the states on top of that.

Can you tell me if these are ok for a facelift TT as i thought there were two different sizes of bushes @ the front(wishbones :blink:..cheers

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 49.5mm

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 54.8mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 46mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 51.1mm

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give me a link to the site that sells the R2 bushes and the correct part numbers.

My brother in law lives in the US and can get them for me cheeeeeep and get them over here even cheaper as he is an airline pilot.

And do you use a press to press in the bushes or something else?

Ta muchly...

Can you give me a link to the site that sells the R2 bushes and the correct part numbers.

My brother in law lives in the US and can get them for me cheeeeeep and get them over here even cheaper as he is an airline pilot.

And do you use a press to press in the bushes or something else?

Ta muchly...

These are the ones i have ordered for Mike to fit for me. There was a 2-5 week order time though, however mine have only taken 3 weeks and are on the way.

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=209&SearchYN=N

R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Front

Part # R2R 800-CA200 - $189.95

R2 Racing Control Arm Bushing Kit for 1993-98 Supra - Rear

Part # R2R 800-CA300 - $189.95

HTH

:)

Well it adds extra adjustment to the upper arm, not just the lower one, so when lowered and the adjustment is just on the edge of getting it right the upper adjustment can help.... that is of course if I read the sales blurb right.

I see. TBH I'm genuinely not sure if that would be needed unless your car is extremely low, and/or hasn't has springs with rate to match the modification. In your shoes, I'd speak to an expert before throwing money at a problem that you might not have.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me if these are ok for a facelift TT as i thought there were two different sizes of bushes @ the front(wishbones :blink:..cheers

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 49.5mm

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 54.8mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 46mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 51.1mm

Only just looked at this thread. I've never fitted bushes to the front of a facelift supra, so i dont know. I might have a quick research...

• 1 month later...