The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ahhhhh

gaz1

Go visit the neighbour... hope you have more joy than I did though, mine agreed to pay for damage, I got the work done and now he's hiding and ignoring anything I post through the door. Either way it's got to be worth a go even if they tell you to sod off.

And get a dent guy round, they might be able to improve or take it out completely, they did wonders on mine... having said that 3 others said the door would need filling and spraying so it depends who you get.

And get a dent guy round, they might be able to improve or take it out completely, they did wonders on mine... having said that 3 others said the door would need filling and spraying so it depends who you get.

Agree with above... I can recommend a few guys... One repairer the dent the size of a tennis ball on one of my arches and only charged £30.

The dent is in the door not the glass:p Maybe your bodyshop has a funny way of doing things?:D:p

And the quote would be between me and Gaz:p

Quarter glass removal for the blend.

Hate to say it bud but that looks too big off a job for dent magician

Be a respray and you will have trouble matching so will have to blow in the whole side

Time for a colour change matey:d

Agree with you on the dent man and the matching too. Colour change.....interesting idea. Could be a good time to change to a track friendly kit too.

Sorry to hear this Gaz. I'd go round to the guy, have a polite chat and see what he says. Get him to agree to something first then show him the estimate. Tell him that since you are trying to sell the car it has potentially devalued it by 2k and it shouldn't have happened in the first place as the kid should not have been on your drive.

If it all goes pete tong, you have evidence and it is clearly him in the wrong.

Hope it gets sorted soon

Dean

went round the lads house and seen his old man, the kid is adamant that the bike did not touch the car, the video looks like it did (but cannot be 100%, checked right through the hard drive and nothing else

although a neighbour up the road had a window smashed in his car, he found a steel ball bearing

poss someone fired one at mine maybe:(

i would say that the kid was at fault, and if he was near your car and then this was found then its going to be very costly for the parents and the kid should of learned a very expensive and valuable lesson, i would not of mentioned the fact that the person up the roads car had been hit by a ball bearing coz now it looks like you are excepting it wasn't him and that you want to walk away from it and cough up for the job your self

:yeahthat:

Seems convenient doesn't it? But you found a dent on your car, check your CCTV and find that not too long ago this kid's bike was falling over next to your car on your private driveway. For one he shouldn't have been on there anyway, and two - it's his word against yours and your CCTV footage, which counts as hard evidence. Maybe you could post it up for us to get a better idea of the angle of the camera and what you can actually see?

• 1 month later...

ye video!

Anyway whats the price for this car now? i cant find it! Im fed up of looking for a nice skyline now and thinking about a supra again :eyebrows:

O and i would say £800 quid is cheap for the repair. If it was being repaired at my paint shop we would be painting the door, front wing and quarter panel which would include the roof and the other quarter panel aswell ( no line or edge to blend into on quarter ) Plus 2 quarter glass removal and boot lid etc.

I think the ' pig ' quote is about correct! Not sure if ' supraloopy ' is planing on painting it with halfords spray cans or somethink :D

"LOCAL MAN KEPT VIDEOS OF CHILDREN PLAYING"

Oooh, could all go very wrong for you. Maybe.

Quite a while ago we had a deep scratch in our Audi, made by a child falling off his bike against the car which was parked on the road. The boy's mum came round and apologised, but when mention was made of her paying for the damage she became quite aggressive, refused to pay and told me it was the risk I took by parking on the road. I didn't get very far trying to explain the concept of Duty of Care to her.