The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Friday Jan 9th food & beer meet - Birmingham - evening 'till late!

SteveR

We'll probably ruck up late evening, I'd guess about 7ishgive or take an hour depending on trains. Happy to meet at the Travelodge or nearby drinking establishment; what times are people likely to arrive?

P.S. I also don't mind where we go for food; am more than happy for others to make the decisions. I don't think I've been out for a proper night out in Brum before so I'm really looking forward to this. :friday:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll be the same kind of time as you Steve.

Finish work at 5ish, get home and changed etc.

I guess there will be a pub next to the hotel - meet there? Maybe first one there could leave a message at the hotel desk as to where they're headed?

+ two friends of mine that Burna knows - James and Tracy.

James owns a modified TRD Celica he brought over from Australia where he used to live.

Tracy is an Aus too, both very fun people...as long as Burna doesn't feed them too many shots. ;)

Italian sounds greeeeat.

OK if no one shouts up that they hate Italian I will be booking it sometime today for 14 of us :) Does 8pm sound ok for everyone?

+ two friends of mine that Burna knows - James and Tracy.

James owns a modified TRD Celica he brought over from Australia where he used to live.

Tracy is an Aus too, both very fun people...as long as Burna doesn't feed them too many shots. ;)

Italian sounds greeeeat.

:woot: Can't wait to see James and Tracy again, they are great fun. Oh and it wasn't my fault they had to carried home :innocent: Apparently Aussies can drink anyone under the table :rolleyes: :D

No problems with Italian here. I only have Steves number though, and since his phone is useless I'd appreciate someone elses. :p

Mine is 07974 628954.

Just sent you a text message mate :)

Strada is booked for 8pm for 14 people :)

Problem is Ste there's nothing at the Travelodge really, the nearest nice place to eat and drink is Brindley Place, which is where we are eating. I suggest we alll meet up at 'Bank' http://www.bankrestaurants.com/birmingham_restaurant.html

It's only a short walk or taxi ride from the Travelodge http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=B16+8LP&daddr=B1+2JB&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=52.474508,-1.921685&sspn=0.005084,0.011072&g=B16+8LP&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15 then we only have a very short walk in the cold from Bank to Strada :)

Easiest way to find Bank if you are walking is to follow the signs for the 'National Sea Life Centre' as Bank is right next door to it.

You all have my number so give me a bell if you need any help :)

Walking version of the Burna's route above

"0.6 mi – about 12 mins"

Yeah I did try that but decided on not posting it up. I would advise anyone wanting to walk to take the safer route by heading straight for Broadstreet and follow it down, then turn left into Brindley place, the Jurys Inn hotel on Broadstreet is directly opposite the entrance to Brindley place. Hope that helps :)

Yeah I did try that but decided on not posting it up. I would advise anyone wanting to walk to take the safer route by heading straight for Broadstreet and follow it down, then turn left into Brindley place, the Jurys Inn hotel on Broadstreet is directly opposite the entrance to Brindley place. Hope that helps :)

ooh ok - local knowledge to the rescue :thumbs:

:friday:

Remember, I'm still completely deaf in my left ear so if you're talking to me and I don't react I'm not just being rude to you (unless it's Burna) ;)

Nothing new there then :rolleyes:

Don't worry, Julia will blame you tonight for anything I get up to, as she still insists you are such a bad influence Pete :D I think I might donkey punch her tonight and tell her you told me to try it :innocent::D