The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found this supra......

Beefyblx

I aint got the money for a decent tt, ive been looking for about 4 months to get a nice tt for about 6k but ive been looking at the market and u need 8k plus for a really nice one

I understand, depends on what you call nice?

If i were you i'd like to look at a few TT manuals, forget the advertised prices just check them out. There have been a few 'steals' recently and i can see there being a fair few more before christmas.

Did you go out in this NA? and have you been out in a TT at all?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, depends on what you call nice?

If i were you i'd like to look at a few TT manuals, forget the advertised prices just check them out. There have been a few 'steals' recently and i can see there being a fair few more before christmas.

Did you go out in this NA? and have you been out in a TT at all?

no i didnt go out in it, i spotted it in a garage on my way home from work, garage was closed. Ive been in my mates uk spec auto and was really impressed with the speed and everything but i really like changing gears!! lol

no i didnt go out in it, i spotted it in a garage on my way home from work, garage was closed. Ive been in my mates uk spec auto and was really impressed with the speed and everything but i really like changing gears!! lol

fair enough................the NA will be a fair bit slower (if your mates UK was stock, alot if his is BPU'd) but 'probably' tighter and almost certainly less weathered.

There was a nice TT manual on the trader at £5900 ono thats now sold. It looked a good/decent car and IMO this is the choice you have to make, either get the NA which will almost certainly be a hassle free car for years but you 'may' get bored with or frustrated by it, or you wait patiently and try and move quickly on any TT manual that appears within a reasonable distance and within budget.

if its a garage then its probably a px, offer 4k cash

fair enough................the NA will be a fair bit slower (if your mates UK was stock, alot if his is BPU'd) but 'probably' tighter and almost certainly less weathered.

There was a nice TT manual on the trader at £5900 ono thats now sold. It looked a good/decent car and IMO this is the choice you have to make, either get the NA which will almost certainly be a hassle free car for years but you 'may' get bored with or frustrated by it, or you wait patiently and try and move quickly on any TT manual that appears within a reasonable distance and within budget.

I know, im getting a bit impatient i think, i really want a supra before the summer ends!! at least with a 6 speed n/a its future proof for a tt conversion next summer??

I know, im getting a bit impatient i think, i really want a supra before the summer ends!! at least with a 6 speed n/a its future proof for a tt conversion next summer??

Definitely, if u get that for 4k u could potentially have a 7k facelift TT 6spd on your hands.

Definitely, if u get that for 4k u could potentially have a 7k facelift TT 6spd on your hands.

Thats true............bar traction control (lots turn it off anyway), a non electric drivers seat and a different diff (probably forgot other stuff!) it would be identical.

I really want a manual, an auto would do my head in :tongue:

You'd be surprised, mate!!I had the same feelings..

Before I bought my autoTT I drove about 20 Supras..Within the space of 2 days..

Both manual and auto..When I found mine, I fell in love:D:D:D

Have a go in a few..and if U really want more''feeling'',try using the manu mode on the auto..:)Obviously, imo:)

What does every one else think is it really worth 5k?

Mine goes up for sale in September for 5k (ish). It is facelift but a year older on 18"s. Does this car come with any history of work done? You need to ask if the car has had belts or fluids changed recently or even at all.

I paid 5k for mine 18 months ago and since then it's had about £2500 spent on it with wheel refurbs, headlight refurb, new stereo, tyres, leather seats etc. I would say that looking at it, it is worth 5k. The cheeky side of me reckons that a garage would let it go for £4500. I would offer them 4K and see what happens. Just remember that most jobs that need doing will not be cheap..!!

Lovely looking car though!!

H.

Mine goes up for sale in September for 5k (ish). It is facelift but a year older on 18"s. Does this car come with any history of work done? You need to ask if the car has had belts or fluids changed recently or even at all.

I paid 5k for mine 18 months ago and since then it's had about £2500 spent on it with wheel refurbs, headlight refurb, new stereo, tyres, leather seats etc. I would say that looking at it, it is worth 5k. The cheeky side of me reckons that a garage would let it go for £4500. I would offer them 4K and see what happens. Just remember that most jobs that need doing will not be cheap..!!

Lovely looking car though!!

H.

5k u say;)

Would u be in a hurry for the swop though? The auto in the sup isn't to be dismissed, its really good. You know your goal is a 6spd TT, better to get the TT part now and the 6spd later than the 6spd now and the TT later, more fun ;)