The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found this supra......

Beefyblx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is yours a 6 speed then?

No, mines a 5 speed. Looks like my car might not be an SZ-R after all, even though that is what it was advertised as. It looks like a very well spec'd SZ. It has folding mirrors, LSD etc but it's a 5 speed box. I thought about getting a six speed but it sounds like the 5 speed box is not as notchy and the 6 speed isn't used as an overdrive so I don't see the point if it isn't going to drop your revs on the motorway!!

5k u say;)

It will go up for 5k next month. I need to spend around £400 on it before it goes as it needs two new front tyres, 4 wheel alignment, the handbrake adjusting and the aircon re-gassing, The MOT is up on the 20th of August so I'll sell it after JAE......:(

H.

Edited by Havard
Too many H's lol!! (see edit history)

what type do u reckon the blue supra is on the 1st post? Is sounds like a sz-r, but i'm not sure if it has the electric drivers seat?

If its a 6 speed it will be a SZ-R. Chassis plate (engine bay drivers side) will have the first line as this

E-JZA80-ALFSF

the 'S' in ALFSF confirming its an SZR

*UPDATE* ive spoke to the garage owner and offered him 4k for the supra, after a bit of haggling, we agreed on 4.5k with 12 months mot, 6 months tax, and a full service including cam belt and fan belt change!! Does this seem a good deal? nothing is set in stone ive got to ring him 2moz!!