The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats going on?

Benyon

And when given an example of a supra you choose to utterly ignore the point. The whole point of a boxster and a 911 is being obtuse if you want to be picky ones a low powered NA and the other is a high powered top end sports car. If you want to be really picky about it aristo's are fetching more money at auction in Japan than equivalent spec supras do so placing a single turbo variant with credible cosmetic mods in the same price bracket as a cheaply done otherwise bog standard supra is not a great leap of faith.

What???

Are you just p***ing about just to get a reaction or are you serious?

If the former than ha ha you got me.

If the later then I don't see what an Aristo has to do with this thread. This topic is about Supra values- just Supras, not Aristos, not Corollas or Starlets, so why bother saying "you can buy a 'single' for £7.k" in a Supra value thread when you are talking about a different bloody car!

Gaz,

are you saying that only Supra drivers should use this forum? And that an opinion is no longer required?

Are you saying all threads always stay on topic (:blink:)

DB just pointed out the fact that a single can cost x, and the fact he recently had his Aristo for sale at 7.5k (no longer though)

Get over it :tumble:

And I then backed it up with an example of a supra with a single turbo on it that had been for sale at £6k which you continue to ignore.I believe that ttmysters was for sale in the same ball park and there have been others of late in that price bracket. I'm sorry if using my aristo as an example of a vehicle that should be worth £10k which is £4k below what I paid for it hasn't even had a sniff at £7500 upsets your sensibilities. You could check the thread title chap and see where it says whats happening to supras only while you are at it. The fall in vehicle prices is not supra specific and the value of similar powered vehicles will in fact impact heavily upon the value of supras. Oh and whilst the scrutineers are in you could validate my original statement that didn't mention any specific vehicle just that single tubbies were available for £7500.

Edited by dangerous brain (see edit history)

So how come Skyline's are holding their value a lot more than Supra's? they're powerful japanese performance cars too, of a similar age (ok they are all wheel drive but can be as highly tuned as Supra's and are twin tubbies in their original format).....:shrug:

And don't forget the age of many supra's. How many other car's on the road command high values at 10+ years old?

....oh, and less squabling please, play nicely ;)

L

And I then backed it up with an example of a supra with a single turbo on it that had been for sale at £6k which you continue to ignore.I believe that ttmysters was for sale in the same ball park and there have been others of late in that price bracket. I'm sorry if using my aristo as an example of a vehicle that should be worth £10k which is £4k below what I paid for it hasn't even had a sniff at £7500 upsets your sensibilities. You could check the thread title chap and see where it says whats happening to supras only while you are at it. The fall in vehicle prices is not supra specific and the value of similar powered vehicles will in fact impact heavily upon the value of supras. Oh and whilst the scrutineers are in you could validate my original statement that didn't mention any specific vehicle just that single tubbies were available for £7500.

You wont get any decent sort of single supra for anywhere near 6k imo, point me in the direction of one and i will buy it now.

No offence to GeordieSteve or ttmysters but both them cars have a lot of xs power parts and chinese replica stuff on them that put most buyers off imo, one of the supras you mention had a pretty serious crash:)

I'm approaching the conclusion that prices of Supras have dipped to the point where it's cheaper to invest the money in your own than sell and get something closer to what you want. It's shocking how low the prices have gone but then there's a credit crunch on, and fuel prices are through the roof, I guess that's just the state of the economy at the moment.

It's shocking how low the prices have gone but then there's a credit crunch on, and fuel prices are through the roof, I guess that's just the state of the economy at the moment.

...and before that it was all the people who were absolutely in no hurry to sell. No sir. No hurry at all.

Two days later, BUMP and then BUMP again and then the rapid drops in price.

Before you know it someone comes along trying to sell a stunning car at the same price as the merely average ones. Then every future seller is told their price is too high!

"Have you seen Joe Bloggs Supra? It's got a single and this and that and Carlos Fandango super-wide wheels and it's only 9k so yours is way too high"

Then they can't sell so they drop their prices and all the new sellers are given those low amounts as the new guide to the value of their cars.

Do you see where I'm going? I think that we are a large factor in driving down the prices of our own cars.