The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra and words you never want to hear

Gruggs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right it doesnt matter in the long run as in about 3 months its going to get a full re-spray....it was more just a kinda funny one of him going of on an unagreed tangent. As i said all i could say at the time was "its different" and i couldnt make up my mind whether I liked the colour or not.

Not angry at the mechanic at all, he spends a lot of time on the car, lets me store it there, use his ramps etc and doesnt charge me a cent. So more than happy with his efforts on the car.

Guest flipper

I have no opinion only thoughts...why didnt he paint a panel or wing mirror before the whole car???

Once its on and it cant come off...measure twice cut once

Also why didnt he stop ay any point and ring instead of going the whole hog and lashing it with clear ????...

I have had stuff in the booth,panel wiped down,tack ragged,paint in gun and then changed my mind....the paint is the cheap bit...its the labour your paying for...wont have used £80 in paint doing that paint job

measure twice cut once

Guest Nicholas
You're right it doesnt matter in the long run as in about 3 months its going to get a full re-spray....it was more just a kinda funny one of him going of on an unagreed tangent. As i said all i could say at the time was "its different" and i couldnt make up my mind whether I liked the colour or not.

Not angry at the mechanic at all, he spends a lot of time on the car, lets me store it there, use his ramps etc and doesnt charge me a cent. So more than happy with his efforts on the car.

:thumbs: at least it's given you an idea of how it could look when you go in for a proper full respray :)

I like the colour - I was considering something similar myself a few months ago. As it's only a short quick fix I wouldn't worry about him not stripping and masking properly - just make sure it is done for the real deal, and don't expect to win any shows before then! ;)

It's always difficult to tell from pictures, but I'd suggest toning down the red a tiny bit when it's done next time. :)

I stopped by on my way back from work and It actually looked different from when I saw it on Monday. This time it had been all cleaned up and was sat in the sunshine outside. Its weird, it almost looks like there is glitter through it in the sunlight and depending on the angle it goes from a chocolately purple to black.

Its kinda starting to grow on me a bit. Its getting flattened and polished tomorrow so will get a better idea then.

G

Guest CoolsBlue

Wll if you like it, be smart, tell him, look this isnt want i wanted, but the finish is not bad, ill keep it if you give me some ££ back;) or just respray it to how i wanted it for free. thats your options and hell have to choose one:)

Wll if you like it, be smart, tell him, look this isnt want i wanted, but the finish is not bad, ill keep it if you give me some ££ back;) or just respray it to how i wanted it for free. thats your options and hell have to choose one:)

I didnt pay for it in the first place and its growing on me so really have no major complaints about it. I think its just that kind of colour that takes a minute or two to get used to. I was just used to it being black i guess.