JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may have already said but i can't find it. Where did you get the wheels refurbed and how much did it cost?

As said Ibrar did them, im not sure on the final cost as the was meant to be chromed but there was some problems with the chroming so i had to settle for polished, ill update the costs when i know.

No laquer as it won't last (powder or wet).

It's easier to wax and polish on a weekly basis. :D

How about chroming the lips? Polishing the wheels every week doesnt seem to be worth it IMO if there would be some easier alternatives available.

Tried to chrome them, two different company's and it would not take for some reason.

Ive had polished wheels before and they are not to bad to keep clean, Silvo is the best stuff for keeping them looking mint.

Ive got the wheels back now and they look stunning.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Mot passed last week.

Back on the dyno tomorrow to find out what difference the large Greddy intake manifold has made, good or bad ill report back tomorrow evening.

One thing though the dump valve seemed to make a fluttering noise today and im sure the car was coming on boost a tad later? boost leak?

Im pretty sure your classics are polished? how do you get on with cleaning them?

No laquered but some oxidation has got underneath. Possibly cos it was Turbofit who did it for me?! :rolleyes: But then I hear it only is meant to last a year or two.

Also all the wheel cleaning fluids I can find say 'not suitable for aluminium and/or split rims'!

Just got back from the dyno, very happy with the difference the Greddy intake manifold has made.

At less boost the car made an extra 35 RWHP and spooled a tad better low down, Ftlb is down a tad but that is only due to the boost drop, boost had to be dropped as its on the limit of the stock fuel system now.

You guessed the next mod;)

Its now at 495rwhp = 583bhp fly, ill upload a graph later.

Feels Good:d