The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing GT4088R with T51R Kai

jevansio

Don't do it, unless it's for a very special usage, stay with something (s) much smaller for a car that spends time on the road or track days.

Yeah will see how I get on with the HKS 2510s, the R32 is destined for trackdays as it's internally wastegated and can get through noise regs. The T51 was but a passing thought, one of many I get run through my little head in any one day :D

I was next to Michels a few time at Marham, we did some 3rd gear pulls side by side as well. :D

I was running 1.2bar guess who had the edge ?

Yeah he said :), what boost was Michel's running when you were doing the pulls?

T51R Kai for me Jay if i had your setup

Ash's and Uk-rich's pick up so nicely and the way the power and torque is delivered helps with traction in the lower gears. Plus the noise of them is just pure bliss.

A dream of mine would be a 3.4 with a T51 Kai :)

Is the noise because they normally run a screamer. I want my WG routed back into the downpipe, will that muffle the noise many rave about when they talk about the T51R?

i knew it aswell .... hes got the bug ... just get mine it will slot straight on , the hks , you need to modify the dp / the turbo to IC connection aswell . you know you will never be infront :p

The fact yours drop straight on is a massive bonus for me. I've spent enough on the car, I just want a bit more power, I'm not really interested in spending a shed load on power mods again.

Yeah he said :), what boost was Michel's running when you were doing the pulls?

Michel correct me if I'm wrong, 1.6bar

Is the noise because they normally run a screamer. I want my WG routed back into the downpipe, will that muffle the noise many rave about when they talk about the T51R?

The noise Ryan is referring to, is the ''jet'' noise as this the characteristics of the HKS turbo.

Michel has a good point, since his turbo will bolt on with no extra mods for you, this would be more convenient for you.

Having said that, if the 74DBB is a lot cheaper than HKS T51 BB.

Why dont you just borrow mine for 2 weeks and see what you think ?.. iam to busy sorting the TVR /supra / lexus. see what you think.

Cheers Michel, I'd be more than happy with your complete car, it's the SP74 on my spec car I'm more intersted in (non oversize valves & 3" downpipe & midpipe etc)

Cheers Michel, I'd be more than happy with your complete car, it's the SP74 on my spec car I'm more intersted in (non oversize valves & 3" downpipe & midpipe etc)

I cant see you noticing the difference tbh in valves and downpipe.

If the red car is basically my engine spec with a SP74DBB would be intereted in seeing how that goes, like I say the turbo swap thing will most likely be a winter time thing. The car is running mint now & I don't want to rock teh boat before TOTB etc. It would be good to see this years events & most likely some track days with the car as it is :),

• 3 weeks later...