The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think im done

Dnk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't finished yet, the massive positive front wheel camber is evident just by glancing at the photos.... :)

Massive positive camber on the fronts ? Which photo is telling you this ?

The car before all the suspension got changed was checked and had

-2 degrees 07 minutes nsf

-1 degree 58 minutes osf

-2 degrees 53 minutes nsr

-2 degrees 11 minutes osr

and now after the work has been done

-0 degrees 59 minutes nsf

-1 degree 00 minutes osf

-1 degree 49 minutes nsr

-1 degree 55 minutes osr

Massive positive camber on the fronts ? Which photo is telling you this ?

The car before all the suspension got changed was checked and had

-2 degrees 07 minutes nsf

-1 degree 58 minutes osf

-2 degrees 53 minutes nsr

-2 degrees 11 minutes osr

and now after the work has been done

-0 degrees 59 minutes nsf

-1 degree 00 minutes osf

-1 degree 49 minutes nsr

-1 degree 55 minutes osr

Post #33 third and fifth photos down. It looks knock kneed :)

Post #33 third and fifth photos down. It looks knock kneed :)

Yep it does look like the cambers are out in those pics but i can only think its because where they were taken is nowhere near level, ive just got the car on a level flat surface, ie: a set up floor and all 4 corners have the negative camber as listed above.

No mate, Adam (j80leo) and myself are getting a photo shoot organised but this crappy weather isnt helping !

Yes i am on the task fella just been talking to the two blokes today and we are going to try a sort it for next weekend sometime so if you not free let me know and also will have to check the weather, I will keep in touch fella;)

Yep it does look like the cambers are out in those pics but i can only think its because where they were taken is nowhere near level, ive just got the car on a level flat surface, ie: a set up floor and all 4 corners have the negative camber as listed above.

Excellent, very odd, I'd have put money on the fronts having plenty of POSITIVE camber from the photos.

Excellent, very odd, I'd have put money on the fronts having plenty of POSITIVE camber from the photos.

You'd have lost your money :)

I think if it had positve camber it would drive like an absolute mule and have very poor front end grip, even with 19's on in all honesty it drives very well.

I suffer a bit of tramlining and on very poor road surfaces it can skip about a bit but having been to Donington and Silverstone it behaves very well, Silverstone in the wet was hard work though until Calum Lochie (sp?) showed me where the grip was :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yes i am on the task fella just been talking to the two blokes today and we are going to try a sort it for next weekend sometime so if you not free let me know and also will have to check the weather, I will keep in touch fella;)

Might be a tad busy next weekend, i'll let you know on Monday :)

The weather might not be great but what we really need is a good location ?

My Sister and Brother know him very well, she races a 1964 Alfa Guilietta in the Masters series and my brother won the Top Hat championship in a 1800 BMW with Jackie Oliver.

Best laps i've ever done after going round with him and he's a really nice bloke.

He had me thinking round most of the lap theres no way were getting round here this quick :)