The mkiv Supra Owners Club

God

AlexJames

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John 3: 16, For God so loved the world that he have his only one (jesus)that who ever believes in him shall not die but have eternal life...

When the robber on the left of jesus died on the cross jesus said to him, "today you shall be with me in paradise" because he believe Jesus had done no wrong and shouldnt of died that way.. he believe in jesus... Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John

do you need more quotes about gettin to heaven in the bible?

Depends on where eternal life/paradise is, could be on future restored Earth as another interpretation....

What about going to hell, got the scriptures for that? :)

Depends on where eternal life/paradise is, could be on future restored Earth as another interpretation....

What about going to hell, got the scriptures for that? :)

... hehe your taxing me tonight... Ill try and find others but when it says about perishing, thats there , but there is more direct quotes.. the bible is FULL and very clear on what happens if you dont believe...

Matthew 10:28 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

I have heard that if you take all the letters in the words in the first paragraph of the bible and rearrange them you get:

bha sbfyjsd bfh sdbh cs dyfsd hfs dvsbs dvsd csd bhs abfhasd bf hsd bkfas dlufjbashfubfe vtweugf ucv vhc

However, if you add some, take some away and rearrange them again it says:

Yorkshiremen will inherit the world and the rest of you are Southern puffs, Scottish hooligans or bloody foreigners :p

It's true...

Not into God myself, don't care what happens to me after I'm dead (reserve the right to change my mind if I hear them turning on the oven at the crematorium :) ) and completely happy with that :)

I have heard that if you take all the letters in the words in the first paragraph of the bible and rearrange them you get:

bha sbfyjsd bfh sdbh cs dyfsd hfs dvsbs dvsd csd bhs abfhasd bf hsd bkfas dlufjbashfubfe vtweugf ucv vhc

However, if you add some, take some away and rearrange them again it says:

Yorkshiremen will inherit the world and the rest of you are Southern puffs, Scottish hooligans or bloody foreigners :p

It's true...

Not into God myself, don't care what happens to me after I'm dead (reserve the right to change my mind if I hear them turning on the oven at the crematorium :) ) and completely happy with that :)

lol to the dlkjslkfjsdjlsdkjf bit :p,... I see what you mean about not caring just yet... just I wanna make sure my backs covered cause I dont know when im gonna fall off this planet lol, espeshilly with the cars we drive... :eyebrows:

I am sorry but you cannot use the bible to prove the existence of something. It is man's interpretation of what happened, not the word of god. Basing a belief on a story does not have solid foundations

Its not really a story, its written by people who actually 'knew' jesus physically, we know historically that the books came from the correct period, and the fact that througout the bible there is no contradictions and it was written over 1000 years... to be that seems like either an amazing coincidence or something more powerful. The book is just as relevant to today as it was when it was written or being written. I like it as a foundation .... :)

isiah was written hundreds of years before jesus was born and it was written that a man would come, who would be rejected by everyone, would be killed innocently, even that the clothes he wore would be gambled upon and split to give to everyone... I find it amazing that this was written hundreds of years before he even exsisted...

Its not really a story, its written by people who actually 'knew' jesus physically, we know historically that the books came from the correct period, and the fact that througout the bible there is no contradictions and it was written over 1000 years... to be that seems like either an amazing coincidence or something more powerful. The book is just as relevant to today as it was when it was written or being written. I like it as a foundation .... :)

I find that statement absolutely hilarious. There is not one shred of proof in the bible about anything that happened in the bible. Literally not 1. Its a collaboration of stories written, yes in that time period, by people with a faith in something higher than life itself.

Now, i am not an atheist. I do not feel it fair to say there IS or there ISN'T something. I just sit on the fence like any other agnostic.

Back to why i found your statement hilarious. Adam was the first man on earth, eve was the first woman. They had 2 sons Kane and Able. Kane was a bad boy and ended up banished from the garden of eden. He was told by God to leave and take his prositutes with him.

Where the fook did the prostitutes come from? Have you actually read the bible? I have... i know practicing catholics who haven't. To say it doesn't contradict itself is absolutely ridiculous. You must have skipped most of it.

I hate religion, i love faith. I believe faith is a good thing. I don't really have faith in heaven or god but i appreciate people who do. I do have hope that there is life after death, my heart hopes there is but my head tells me there isn't. Religion is all about money and power, plain and simple.

isiah was written hundreds of years before jesus was born and it was written that a man would come, who would be rejected by everyone, would be killed innocently, even that the clothes he wore would be gambled upon and split to give to everyone... I find it amazing that this was written hundreds of years before he even exsisted...

That my friend happens in glasgow every other week.

Just to let you know though. I believe there was a man called jesus, who did die on a cross for his beliefs. Son of God though? No, not in my opinion. Take a story in your workplace. By the time it gets to the 5th person the original person the story was about has grown extra arms, extra legs, fires lightning from his arse and walks on water.

Matthew 10:28

28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

:confused: I suppose that's irrefutable but can you trust the translation(s)? Another bible transposed "hell" for "Gehenna" and that's a whole new angle.

What do you believe Hell is then? (probably this thread for some:D) The stereotypical?

lol I dont get it

The line from Sammy in Pulp Fiction ;)

So what makes you believe the Bible is anything other than a really good book of collected stories?

I'm betting that in 2000 years or so the works of JK Rowling will be equally lauded and everyone left will be praying to the great Lord Harry. ;)

I'm sure I've read a thousand articles and probably seen as many tv programs that disagree with you on that, based on pure scientific fact. I'm cautious by nature, so scientific fact has more grounding, in my opinion, than some airy fairy stories supposedly written 2000 years ago (which have been scientifically proven to be no older than the 14th century).

What about the Turin Shroud? It was apparently used to wrap Jesus' body up after he was crucified. Why is it only 600 years old then, as has been proven on more than one occasion?

The line from Sammy in Pulp Fiction ;)

Glad someone's on the ball :D

So what makes you believe the Bible is anything other than a really good book of collected stories?

I'm betting that in 2000 years or so the works of JK Rowling will be equally lauded and everyone left will be praying to the great Lord Harry. ;)

Amen to Lord Harry and his minions of deatheaters!