The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best ever dump valve

Axle

I still prefer the GReddy, it's the nearest 'bus door' sound you can get, especially at full boost on the 2nd tubby...:)

*Cough cough* Bullshit *cough cough*

Exactly what extensive research have you done on this subject?? :tongue:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Cough cough* Bullshit *cough cough*

Exactly what extensive research have you done on this subject?? :tongue:

:p

You really dont like the GReddy bov do you?! :tongue:

No other bov i can think of sounds like the GReddy it just sounds so smooth on boost and doesnt sound pants...

HKS = poo

Blitz = poo

All other bov's = poo

:D

No other bov i can think of sounds like the GReddy it just sounds so smooth on boost and doesnt sound pants...

HKS = poo

Blitz = poo

To be honest i only picked the SSQV because it was proven, tried and tested. Its probably the best selling dump valve there is and i haven't heard any complaints other than from people like yourself bitching about how it sounds ;) HKS did a bit to sort that out though so it doesn't give the high pitched squeel in the 2nd version the same as the 1st.

The reason i keep on coming back at you and your Greddy is i know you are being bias cos you have one, not because you know what the others sound like. You didn't even know the difference between the dump valves afterall ;)

Its the same as my mate, no matter what car he or i had, his would always be faster. Not in reality, just in his head ;)

To be honest i only picked the SSQV because it was proven, tried and tested. Its probably the best selling dump valve there is and i haven't heard any complaints other than from people like yourself bitching about how it sounds ;) HKS did a bit to sort that out though so it doesn't give the high pitched squeel in the 2nd version the same as the 1st.

The reason i keep on coming back at you and your Greddy is i know you are being bias cos you have one, not because you know what the others sound like. You didn't even know the difference between the dump valves afterall ;)

Its the same as my mate, no matter what car he or i had, his would always be faster. Not in reality, just in his head ;)

Its like anything thing though with being biased, i like the GReddy one and always have and even Gaz 6002 doesn't like the HKS SSQV bov and nor do i

Scotster purely of the way it sounds and how common it is in people's car's...;) :D

I knew what the HKS sounded like but not the racing HKS one's...;)

I knew what the HKS sounded like but not the racing HKS one's...;)

What one though? ;)

As i said they changed it to the new type which sounds much better than the old high pitched whine.

As for Gaz i'm not so sure he doesn't like the HKS, i think he may just not like the venting sound period.

What one though? ;)

As i said they changed it to the new type which sounds much better than the old high pitched whine.

As for Gaz i'm not so sure he doesn't like the HKS, i think he may just not like the venting sound period.

When i first heard it, it was the new HKS SSQV and since then, never really was that keen on it...everyone seems to have it and when i bought my Supe,

i was hoping that she had a GReddy bov in her and luckily enough, it did lol! :D

HKS = poo

Blitz = poo

All other bov's = poo

so your sayin all other bov are poo cuz they dont sound great? are you not forgetting a sound dont make your car perform any better! the hks has the best proven performance gains

What one though? ;)

Nail - head.

In my fantastically humble opinion blow off valves are gay.

the hks has the best proven performance gains

Wow thats a big statement, a bov is a bov, they all do the same job, some not as good as others, but that job hardly demonstrates performance gains! Stop bickering and just enjoy your own;)

AFAIK the HKS racing BOV's are completely different to the SSQV's, and the new SSQV sounds less high pitched than the previous, so your assumption that they all sound the same is pretty much wrong...unless your saying they all sound sh^t...then I'd agree:)

so your sayin all other bov are poo cuz they dont sound great? are you not forgetting a sound dont make your car perform any better! the hks has the best proven performance gains

I really hope you're joking :)

A BOV doesn't give you any performance gain. It just releases pressure built up in the turbo system when you let off throttle. The gas has no-where to go unless it's released through a BOV, so goes backwards forcing your turbine blades around the other way and causing compressor stall. You may recognise this as the "turkey" sound that the whole world thinks is the wastegate. ;)

EDIT: ^^^what he said above as well :D

The best performing dump valve is the one that doesn't leak lol.

I'm pretty sure all the push pull ones perform similarly. To get the best out of a dump valve it has to be in re-circulating mode so the noise is nothing to do with how good the dump valve is basically.

I agree with Gaz 6002, bov's dont give your car anymore power just a release of built up pressure...

It was just banter L33, but all im saying is, the GReddy bov is the only bov that im aware of which you can tune...

You either set it to 'soft' for low boost or 'hard' for high boost. BUT, i could be wrong about which bov's are tuneable!

I agree with Gaz 6002, bov's dont give your car anymore power just a release of built up pressure...

It was just banter L33, but all im saying is, the GReddy bov is the only bov that im aware of which you can tune...

You either set it to 'soft' for low boost or 'hard' for high boost. BUT, i could be wrong about which bov's are tuneable!

Most of the half decent ones are Shane, including the SSQV :)

Wow thats a big statement, a bov is a bov, they all do the same job, some not as good as others, but that job hardly demonstrates performance gains! Stop bickering and just enjoy your own;)

AFAIK the HKS racing BOV's are completely different to the SSQV's, and the new SSQV sounds less high pitched than the previous, so your assumption that they all sound the same is pretty much wrong...unless your saying they all sound sh^t...then I'd agree:)

:yeahthat:

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)