The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best ever dump valve

Axle

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the HKS Racing BOV Type 2 like? I'm waiting for that just now, I cant help thinking I should have went for the Tial!

That's a better one IMO, it's the one I wish I'd bought. More like the bus door opening sound that Homer mentioned.

I'm not really keen on any sound, gets on my nerves after a while, as long as it stops compressor stall I'll be happy

If I route it back into the intake I gather it will be quiter than usual? I loved the stock one, nice low sound at high boost, practically nothing at low revs, perfect

If you are worried about compressor stall you could get 2 of them?

The HKS Racing Type 2 flows enough air not to require one IIRC.

I'm not too bothered about compressor stall TBH though. I want rid of my SSQV, it does my head in. I'm going to go for the racing one.

The HKS Racing Type 2 flows enough air not to require one IIRC.

I'm not too bothered about compressor stall TBH though. I want rid of my SSQV, it does my head in. I'm going to go for the racing one.

Just use a recirc pipe. Takes away the noise. Won't get rid of the compressor stall though but as you said, your not worried about that.

I was going to, but at $400 a pop plus shipping its getting expensive just for that extra gain, I might use two in the end though esp when I get the GT4088R

Is that for the racing type? Gaz said above that the racing ones should flow enough to prevent compressor stall. If you mean the SSQV normal ones then nic can get them for around £180 each delivered.

Still a lot of dough i know but every little counts lol

Is that for the racing type? Gaz said above that the racing ones should flow enough to prevent compressor stall. If you mean the SSQV normal ones then nic can get them for around £180 each delivered.

Still a lot of dough i know but every little counts lol

Not expensive in the grand scale of things but as said every little counts lol, the Racing type are a little more expensive than that hopefully I wont need anotherone:innocent:

Whats the HKS Racing BOV Type 2 like? I'm waiting for that just now, I cant help thinking I should have went for the Tial!

I use one of these, they're are probably the best sounding, they have been replaced now with the SSQV Racing now

HKS SSQV Racing

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/3358.jpg

HKS Racing Type 2

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/1161.jpg

I use one of these, they're are probably the best sounding, they have been replaced now with the SSQV Racing now

Do you vent to atmosphere Nic or do you recirculate? I think I will just recirculate back into the intake, is the recirc flange at the front a screw-in?

Do you vent to atmosphere Nic or do you recirculate? I think I will just recirculate back into the intake, is the recirc flange at the front a screw-in?

Mine vents to atmosphere, it is mounted on the IC hard pipe, in the drivers side front bumper opening. I'm not sure to be honest about the recirc flange TBH, I don't think it is removable on the Type 2.

Mine vents to atmosphere, it is mounted in the drivers side front bumper opening on the hard pipe. I'm not sure to be honest about the recirc flange TBH, I don't think it is removable on the Type 2.

Is the flange the same on the Racing as on the SSQV?

Don't know about the racing types but the V1 SSQV was meant to sound a bit ghey without changing the fin. The 2nd one sounds ok out the box but can be further improved again with the purple fin.

I still prefer the GReddy, it's the nearest 'bus door' sound you can get, especially at full boost on the 2nd tubby...:)