The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Look what one of my friends just turned up in!

Mike B

Guest mattsupra

verrrry nice indeed

love the exhaust too

my mates sister pulled up today in a vxr8 vauxhall with the 6.2v8 lump in it and by heck it shifted and she wasnt afraid to use it either (i beleive its the newer version of the monaro ) and my other mate has a monaro and it shifts too so would like to compare the two together

matt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

verrrry nice indeed

love the exhaust too

my mates sister pulled up today in a vxr8 vauxhall with the 6.2v8 lump in it and by heck it shifted and she wasnt afraid to use it either (i beleive its the newer version of the monaro ) and my other mate has a monaro and it shifts too so would like to compare the two together

matt

It's 6.0 litre, the older ones were 5.7

he did say it sounds different at high rpm... looking forward to him taking me out.

I wanted under the engine cover too.... wanted to see the lump, not a sticklebrick cover :tongue:

It looked like normal white to me, how white can white be??

I did comment that he'd never been in my car, to which he replied that he's on high blood pressure pills, which I guess is a general decline on medical grounds... lol

That and my car does not have a "drive sensibly" warning when you turn it on ;)

The extra torque should make it a much better point to point everyday car than the current M3, but at that price one might expect most buyers to be not looking at power to weight and engine torque curves. Only saddos like me, who couldn't afford one anyway, look at things like that :) I am sure it will live up to the Lexus reputation for reliability and durability.

hate all those plastic engine covers :(

They are not 'engine' covers but like in Alfa's' and Maserati's the covers just hide all the 'dirty' stuff like ABS modules/pumps relays ,wiring and other stuff that makes an engine look 'untidy' - which is why the yanks hide everything away and have just the engine, but this is not practical solution for mainstream manufacturers hence the covers (could always 'wrap' them in carbon fibre!!):eyebrows: