The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay radiators

Guest DaveWilko

Hi all. I got one of these recently I have not got round to fitting it but the quality appears to be good. I have attached a few pictures for peoples information.

Chris W any comments on the internal structure? I know it wont tell you if its a good rad or not but it has to be an indication?

• 4 weeks later...
How can it lower temps? The thermostat dictates the coolant temp unless the rad is SO bad it can't control things under high loads. The only point in a different rad is either weight, aero drag, or a need because coolant temps go out of control under high loading.

Sorry thats not right, the thermostat only dictates the minimum operating temperature of the cooling system.

Max is related to airflow which is dictated by avaiblable airflow (vehicle speed and fan related) and core pressure drop.

All manufactueres size the rad to only just cope with true worst case standard vehcile performance (otherwise they are throwing money away on a rad thats too big). So if you are pushing 200 bhp more than standard it is quite safe to assume the cooling system wont be able to maintain a stable tmeperature at wot.

Few pics of the ASI installing in my NA Manual:

Before I installed this my temps were going very high, I think this was due to the rad cap. One was supplied with the rad already. When i took the old rad out the fins turned into dust with light finger pressure :taped: so anyway I flushed the engine out and added 50/50 coolant just to be on the safe side with my new one. I certainly see a difference in cooling now and have had no overheating what so ever. Btw the cap doesn't touch the bonnet as some do so thats great. Very pleased with this I am, best thing i've bought for the supra so far :)

Few pics of the ASI installing in my NA Manual:

Before I installed this my temps were going very high, I think this was due to the rad cap. One was supplied with the rad already. When i took the old rad out the fins turned into dust with light finger pressure :taped: so anyway I flushed the engine out and added 50/50 coolant just to be on the safe side with my new one. I certainly see a difference in cooling now and have had no overheating what so ever. Btw the cap doesn't touch the bonnet as some do so thats great. Very pleased with this I am, best thing i've bought for the supra so far :)

My next purchase this month:)

G-nemie also has one on his car and is very happy with it...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive fitted 4 of these to various supras and for the money there spot on and are a great fit. They do sit a little high though so if you havnt got a stock bonnet you may have to mod the bonnet or cut down the rubber bumgs that the rad sits in.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I just thought I would resurrect this thread.

ASI do, do an auto radiator. I have just fitted one. You don't need an extra oil cooler it is in the radiator the same as the standard one. If you have an auto and want a bit of bling radiator shaped this could be what you are looking for.

I ordered the radiator on the 29th of December and it arrived on January the 3rd very quick from china.

The only problem with it is that I had to bend the fan mounting to fit as the top mounting hole was slightly out of place so not a great fit.

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290958841001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

20140102_121353.jpg

20140102_121436.jpg