The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good luck to the Marham Supras this weekend

tooquicktostop

Have to admit I've been dying to do the Marham day, but after seeing that I'm not so sorry I missed it.

Well the plan is simple, build a powerful track car for the September Marham day :D

As above, I was so gutted to miss this day, I would have been gutted to take the car out after being away for 9 months rebuilding to have it come back looking like this, note to self use the NA for track days :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i cant believe you guys are still using :D:d:d:d smileys after that lol id be crying

Same here after some of the pebble dash I seen on some of the Car's.

Going to cost some of you a load of money to put right. Hope it was worth it.

Here is pic of what the front bumper went through. :D

Show us a pic of the back bumper too Ash. Rumour has it you did quite a bit of the track backwards again this year? ;)

Fantastic 2 days, got some superb in car footage, 15gb worth. Plastic black bumper so my car looks no different, slicks worked brilliantly, and just sorry I had to leave just as that big rainstorm came though... had to see a man about a dog you understand....:innocent:

LOL at Michel pulling his gearstic off. I have the footage of him doing it right infront of John and I on track, and worse still, staggering around the paddock as we pulled in, a look of total shock on his face waving his sevored gearstick around... priceless!

damn i cant believe you guys are still using :D:d:d:d smileys after that lol id be crying

The car is for using, not polishing!

and there is NOWHERE you can dick around with 600 hp quite as wrecklessly as Marham, big thanks to Si for organising it. :more::clap:

And they raise 20k? for charity!

My car looks nothing like that ! If you don't get too close to other cars and move over to the centre on the straights yo are fine.

you could always take preventative measures like tape the front faces of your paintwork if you are bothered by it ;)

:yeahthat: I have done this event 5 or 6 times now, yeah there are alot of stones flying around and yeah you will get stone chips but if you don't drive up peoples arses and offset yourself from the car in front its not too bad.

well lady luck was not shining on me this weekend, total disaster started with losing my brakes saturday, finally got them sorted but the track closed for the day, then sunday morning on the way to marham pig hit a pheasant and it bounced of him straight into me cracking my week old new bumper, managed to get 2 laps in then the car just died, it was where pig (my passenger) was trying to brake on the corners and in doing so it must have knocked a wire out of the ecu, but ryan g was on hand and that got sorted, then he road mapped it to make sure all was fine, so i did a few more laps as the black clouds loomed, so i thought feck it i am going home, i am now sitting here wrapped in bubble wrap waiting for the next stroke of bad luck:D i must say it was great meeting old and new members and sharing 2 massive hangovers with them;)

it was where pig (my passenger) was trying to brake on the corners and in doing so it must have knocked a wire out of the ecu

classic.... you earned quite a bit of respect for the emergency stop you performed considering you had no brakes!

Si and I were sat 3 cars back from Pig on the start line and, minutes after Ryan mapped his launch control, he decided to treat the 10 marshalls stood at the track entrance to a good flaming. Good to see they saw the funny side :)

...total disaster started with losing my brakes saturday...on the way to marham pig hit a pheasant and it bounced of him straight into me cracking my week old new bumper, managed to get 2 laps in then the car just died, it was where pig (my passenger) was trying to brake on the corners and in doing so it must have knocked a wire out of the ecu...

Gaz, I cannot believe your bad luck!! I think going home is probably the best thing TBH if it was raining

Top man for bringing a Fire Extinguisher for me. Great club spirit in the face of all the adversity :thumbs:

well lady luck was not shining on me this weekend, total disaster started with losing my brakes saturday, finally got them sorted but the track closed for the day, then sunday morning on the way to marham pig hit a pheasant and it bounced of him straight into me cracking my week old new bumper, managed to get 2 laps in then the car just died, it was where pig (my passenger) was trying to brake on the corners and in doing so it must have knocked a wire out of the ecu, but ryan g was on hand and that got sorted, then he road mapped it to make sure all was fine, so i did a few more laps as the black clouds loomed, so i thought feck it i am going home, i am now sitting here wrapped in bubble wrap waiting for the next stroke of bad luck:D i must say it was great meeting old and new members and sharing 2 massive hangovers with them;)

That car is jinxed:(

My front bumper looks similar to Ash's as did a few others, front wings also peppered and also got a few here and there down the sides of the car as well! It only needed 2-3 seconds of following someone down the straight to to the main damage... looks like a bumper respray at least for me.

Also need the side skirts removing and repairing and a geometry check after having an 'off' onto the grass.

Still worth it though, had a great time! Will post my in-car footage when I get back to home base tomorrow.

Well that for me is all a bit naff. I'd seriously expect a working airfield to be spotless. Lets face it I sit and listen to FOD (foreign object damage) lectures on a weekly basis. I have been on multiple FOD sweeps of many a runway and they have sweepers on them every morning. I refuse to accept that a tornado bases runway was covered in gravel. All I can assume is they routed you through the carpark or something like that. Put it another way I did an airfield day on a disused ww2 yank airfield that never gets any fod sweeps and not a single chip on any ones paint.

Just got back, what another day!

After Tony, wes and I fitted him a new radiator onto wes's after going all the way back to oxford he was back in action and Damn can that thing go round a corner.

Then the clouds headed in and as the kit car had some fun in the morning we decided to call it a day and head home....... Then i got a call for Wes saying "Pitcrew please turn round"

We arrived back at the gate to see that the nice humps on the entrace to marham has ripped his entire exhaust off back from the down pipe :(

We had a go at refitting but the metal was too mashed to rejoined so it was an AA job :(

Poor old Tony was underneith cars nearly all weekend. But made the club proud by fixing all the problems except Wes's exhaust. If we had a welder im sure he would have though :D

The front of the mine was chipped as well but for the fun i had i couldn't care if it needed a full respray.

Ryan

Back home and knackered. I have a rubbish little vid that was filmed by a passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvsehxfWJog

All went smoothly for me apart from a boost leak. Should begetting 1.45 but was getting 1.3 on sat and down to just over a bar on sunday.

Car stone chipped really badley, the roof even more dented by that dam bird and a scratch on the wing/bumper from a slight cone incident :innocent:

Had a fantastic time despite being hung over all the time and gutted for gaz.

Thanks again colsoop for lending me your slicks (definatly getting some) they were

amazing.

Managed to get the needle past straight down when using the slicks, amazing how much speed you can take round the corner and into the straight!

And ofcourse thanks to ryan for me improved fuel economy and extra noise :eyebrows:

Got a better vid being emailed over in the next few days. Thanks to Si and all the other RAF bunch.

Lesson never to buy 2nd hand clutches :D

John when you get time send us a copy or post on here our fun in the F27 :cool:

Will do mate, its come out really well. I was supprised to see the camera still attached when we got back in the pits :D

Dont think ill be using a motocross helmet in one of them again though was picking dirt out of my eyes for the rest of the day :D