The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Non Turbo 0-60 and top speed

Guest Bullitt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i reading this right!!!!!!!!! Did someone say a TT was similar?

A Calibre Turbo is 204 bhp and its performance IS similar to an Non-Turbo Supra.

A TT Supra is quicker!

2.0 Turbo 4x4

6 speed (CR) (95-) 152 top speed and 6.4 0-60mph 1/4 mile 14.6

Supra ain't a rockett, but leaves a rusty Calibre for dead!

The calibra was 204bhp and then changed to 240.

It was never the one or the other

201bhp was the stock output of the C20LET

It is however possible to raise this to around 300bhp without much trouble.

But the guy never said it is a stock car that he refers to. Give him a break, he wants a Supra:d

It was never the one or the other

201bhp was the stock output of the C20LET

It is however possible to raise this to around 300bhp without much trouble.

But the guy never said it is a stock car that he refers to. Give him a break, he wants a Supra:d

2.0i 16V Turbo Petrol 0-60 Top Speed BHP

2.0i 16V Turbo 3d 5.8 s 152 mph 204 bhp (more info)

2.0i 16V Turbo 4x4 3d (95) - - 240 bhp (more info)

2.0i 16V Turbo 4x4 3d (92) - - 204 bhp (more info)

2.0i 16V Turbo 4x4 DTM 3d (LT) - - 240 bhp (more info)

2.0i 16V Turbo 4x4 3d (LT) - - 204 bhp (more info)

Better tell vauxhall that ;)

These figures are wrong though, they probably used some temp to type them in.

They've also mixed up BHP with PS --- 204PS was the output originally advertised when it was launched.

It is 201bhp, same thing.

There has not been a different factory version of this engine (except for the South African 2wd version)

Guest Nicholas

If you're going down a steep slope you'll see 0-60 in around a week and the top speed is dependant on how long the steep slope is :D

mate had one of these and they are no slouch, there is issues with the stock intercooler(Apparently crap) from what i remeber, he fitted FMIC and was very pleased with the improvement. These things will eat a N/A no doubt about it, shame about the looks of the car as for me its not all about big power. The supra tt for me is a alround winner, stunning looks and performance to match.

Something iffy with the, not sure of the name, transfer box too?

One of the guys in work had one and it was only 2wd because the thing that transfers the power to the rear was fubar'd. Meant to be a common problem.

I still say there was a 240bhp version.

Something iffy with the, not sure of the name, transfer box too?

One of the guys in work had one and it was only 2wd because the thing that transfers the power to the rear was fubar'd. Meant to be a common problem.

I still say there was a 240bhp version.

Think your right mate, was talking to mate tonight about it actually apparently 300bhp is fairly easy to achieve i was suprised to say the least, still couldnt get past the fact it looks like a cavalier but each to their own i guess

Guest Bullitt

lol, calibra's look nothing like a cavalier. interior yes, everything else no

As for mine it is fitted with a 8.1 litre intercooler and phase 2 chips. its running at 240-260 bhp and hits 60 in 5.2 seconds. the top speed i have had it at is 163 ish but i think it will do more. it suprises people in jap cars who think they are the mutts nuts. regardless of what any figures say most cally and cav turbos will top 160mph!

Seen of a few scoobys, civics etc, not that they are a problem, lol! The calibra (especially turbo) is underestimated so its fun when you see sum jumped up chav get demolished.

MY TURBO.jpg

horrible cav.jpg

...its running at 240-260 bhp and hits 60 in 5.2 seconds.

Sounds about right.

I had managed to peak mine a lot over 300 and 0-60 would be mid-high fours easily (when it wouldn't misfire!)

the top speed i have had it at is 163 ish but i think it will do more.

Not a lot more, once you hit redline in sixth, that's it. The gearing defines your limit then. But the more power you've got, the quicker you hit this limit.

when you see sum jumped up chav get demolished.

cavalier in drag is not totally off the mark:p

Beware, the CallyT feels faster than the supra, but it isn't necessarily faster in real life. I've got lots of measurements for both. 0-60 the boosted CallyT is quicker, and feels quicker too.

60-100 may be another story, even if it still feels quicker.

Over 100 the supraTT wins hands down, even if the Cally feels fast.

Of course braking, handling and suspension of the Supra is on a different level. Body stiffness too.

Once you do 160 on a Supra or a Skyline, then you have to ditch the Calibra, it feels like a bad joke.

If you've been in a Corsa LET, then that's the feeling you get at high speeds: flimsy, unstable, noisy, one-trick pony.

VAUXHALL CHAVALIER!!!!!!

I mean the Supra ain't expensive, far from it now, but jeez even a done up Calibra looks like a Chav wagon next to a sorted supra.

PS done various searches on the 0-60mph and no where does a chav wagon hit 60 in the 5 second bracket. As for top speed, well let's not even go there!! DUST tunned Calibra or not!

Seen of a few scoobys, civics etc, not that they are a problem, lol! The calibra (especially turbo) is underestimated so its fun when you see sum jumped up chav get demolished.

Scooby n/a maybe but i doubt you would stand a chance against a turbo varient(unless a terrible driver) and we can all quote 0-60 figures and top speeds but at the end of the day it comes down to a whole lot more than just that. Supra n/a or turbo would be my choice over a calibra, its day has been and gone and it shows it age well

Guest Bullitt

LOL

I love debates over this that and the other. It depends where you are racing. Supra vs calibra on winding road, the cally 4x4 will leave a supra. as for seeing of scoobys the 0-60 on most scoobys is quicker but to 100 and top end, most of the older ones dont compete. I know because the lad i originally bought the Calibra off went and bought a scooby wrx turbo. oh how he regrets that!!

Calibra's were and are very nice looking coupes but at the end of the day im wanting a supra anyway. i prefer the looks of a car to 160+ mph really. If you get caught doing them speeds you aint got a chance anyhow. Acceleration is move favourable to me over top speed. one thing i always say to people is dont underestimate the calibra turbo. A focus ST did and he wont do that again, lol. BMWs, not a chance unless there M3 variant.

End of the day tho, i want a supra. I think big jap type supercars are real cars. Still while im friving the cally turbo i may meet a supra on the road. there isnt a car id wanna lose to more!

Cheers Guys

lol, calibra's look nothing like a cavalier. interior yes, everything else no

As for mine it is fitted with a 8.1 litre intercooler and phase 2 chips. its running at 240-260 bhp and hits 60 in 5.2 seconds. the top speed i have had it at is 163 ish but i think it will do more. it suprises people in jap cars who think they are the mutts nuts. regardless of what any figures say most cally and cav turbos will top 160mph!

My mate had a stock Calibra turbo (as i said) and we saw just over 160 on the clock. Definitely won't hit a true 160 stock though, it just aint got the power captain.

Scott =op