The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2008 FAQ and other questions.

DamanC

Hello Daman would you like me to do a Chilli and a Curry like last year ?

If so i will need 3 large pans and a two ring cooking thing with the BBQ we had last year or maybe i can "hijack" the dinnerladies stuff down there ;):D

Cheers

-Ian-

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, if you want to then that would be great. Please dont feel like you 'have' too though :)

Ill get the pans and rings arranged. If you need anything else, send us the bill.

he did last year, he was given free range on cost if I remember ;)

And the food was spectacular

Daman is it ok for me to bring my Aristo as it shares the supra engine and my mate would like to come along and bring his skyline. Is that ok? I am aware we have to park to one side. Do we still camp with you guys or do we have to go somewhere else?. We had a great time last year with you guys so we are looking forward in joining in with the fun again this year

Question ?

I'm about to pay for this event via paypal...

Myself and my girlfriend are coming up in the supra.

So I will require a stand pass too.

What's incorparated in the beer/Food fund ?

Also I gather its ok for my mate in his scooby to come up and park else where (As in the above post) and its ok for him to camp on the supra stand ? :(

:):)

Edited by Missile (see edit history)

Thanks for that. Would I park the Aristo with you guys or to one side? Also if he bought a ticket to be part of the camping/food drink with you guys where would he park his skyline? thanks

Aristo is fine with us, just to one side. The skyline would have to go anywhere but the supra stand. Unless he is a paid up member that is ;)

Question ?

I'm about to pay for this event via paypal...

Myself and my girlfriend are coming up in the supra.

So I will require a stand pass too.

What's incorparated in the beer/Food fund ?

Also I gather its ok for my mate in his scooby to come up and park else where (As in the above post) and its ok for him to camp on the supra stand ? :(

:):)

Beer and food is simply a fridge full of cold beer/cider and some spirits, aswell as some coke, water and OJ. The food is simply a BBQ, with burgers, sausages, chicken etc.

It is ok to bring one non member not two. The event is paid for by the club, IE - we make a loss, it wouldn't be fair if someone brought many a people.

Daman sorry if i sound really dumb but have I got this right. Iam new to this site but Iam going to become a paid member. The tickets are £14 and the food and drink is an additional £15. I was planning on bringing 2 friends (they are not and wont be paid supra members). And they would both pay £29 each. Am I allowed to do this or I see something about I can only bring 1 friend who is a non paid member? thanks

Daman sorry if i sound really dumb but have I got this right. Iam new to this site but Iam going to become a paid member. The tickets are £14 and the food and drink is an additional £15. I was planning on bringing 2 friends (they are not and wont be paid supra members). And they would both pay £29 each. Am I allowed to do this or I see something about I can only bring 1 friend who is a non paid member? thanks

Only 1 non member allowed im affrid mate.

Daman I have spoken to my friends and I was wondering if Iam allowed to do this. Iam a paid club member but I was going to bring 2 friends. We was all going to pay £14 each and I was going to pay the additional £15 for food. Last year we came over to the stand with DangerousBrain and his wife as we were with the Aristo club but there is no club this year. Last year we were not members at all so we all paid £1 per drink at the bar. Are they allowed to do that again this year? thanks

You can all buy food and drink seperately on the day from the stand. You can all buy drink from the bar all day long. You and one friend are allowed to camp on the stand.

Im not trying to be awkward here but the reason for the one limit is the club pays for the event from the club funds. If many non members are turning up they are simply using the clubs facilities and then clearing off.

Damon is this strictly supra only on the stand?? a buddy of mine is coming in an aristo and I was wondering if he could park in our stand?

Affriad not matey, unless you are comming in the Aristo yourself. Otherwise it will be the public parking area. If there is enough room on the stand on the day, check with me and then he will be more than welcome to bring it over.

Daman I understand all I was thinking is the tent is the same size whether 2 or 3 people sleep in it. I appreciate the rules however im not quite sure what would happen if 1 person cant camp with us. They said they will buy food and drink from the bar on the day as we did last year, so even though the club is funding it there not actually loosing out as like I said the tent will be the same whether 2 or 3 people sleep in it and will cause problems if he cant sleep with us. Can an exception be made on this principle?

Hi,

Another note which is vital to ensure your members are aware of is that Mersea have a 'No Glass' policy on site.

This means you are not allowed to bring any glass bottles on site whatsoever.

The staff on the gate will be checking vehicles for glass. If you have some with you, you will have to give it up should you bring some with you accidentally so please bring only plastic cartons/bottles on site.

Mersea is used all year round by children as an activity centre and therefore broken glass on the fields etc is dangerous not only to those attending JAE but a unsuspecting child who may find a broken bottle when playing in the field and getting hurt.

PLEASE pass this info to all your members and forums to save any wasted drinks and time checking everyone on entry.

Thanks all!

Andy

Protect your booze!