The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fifth Gear bloke has just called the Supra 'an amazing car'!

RedM

I thought all cooper S's were supercharged. The Worx one just has a bigger supercharger plus some other bits and bobs.

Same with the brabus etc. Maybe the new ones are turbo charged but i haven't heard anything about it.

Scott =op

thats exactly what I thought....

thats exactly what I thought....

nope, as said, from 2007 with the re-shaped 'new new' mini all the cooper S's are now turbocharged. :)

If I remember correctly the Supercharged mini had 160bhp with a 0-62 of 7.7secs.. And the 'new new' turbo'd mini is just slightly quicker.

A mini drove past me yesterday with a BOV, was a bit wierd LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.. :D

You got a warning, the same as everyone else does the first time they break the no-swearing rule.

Never fear Mr H, I'm not getting @rsy :) - However I'd like to point out that after the "Fifth Gear Bloke has just called the Supra 'an amazing car'...

No-one said : "Hell yeah, that's because it is!..."

That's the reason why we're all here, not to bitch about mini's and sh*t...

It was that young Johny Something at the Geneva Motor Show and he was say that Toyota lacked charisma and excitement.

He said something along the lines of 'where's the next MR2? where's the Supra? That was an amazing car' etc etc.

yeah....and.....

It was great to hear that, even though it was on lowly Fifth Gear, but its a positive mention all the same :)

I did also like that new Scirocco too. Quite tasty IMO.

Maybe next series they could rename the show Sixth Gear, as most performance cars are well above the 5 nowadays!

Yeah - I was hopeful when I saw the start too.

Then it never showed up - what was all that about?

:rolleyes:

They always start the show in some flash car. If anything it keeps people watching until they've doen the '...and on Fifth Gear this week' bit. Then, when you realise that car isn't to be featured, you can go and do something else.

It was great to hear that, even though it was on lowly Fifth Gear, but its a positive mention all the same :)

I did also like that new Scirocco too. Quite tasty IMO.

Maybe next series they could rename the show Sixth Gear, as most performance cars are well above the 5 nowadays!

Supra's are awesome, and anyone saying otherwise should be shot! And if we've got Tiff's approval, we need say no more!

My mrs is quite partial to her Dub's, gone from a mk2 Skyrocket (scirocco), to a mk3 Vento, and now to a mk4 GT TDi, so no doubt she'll be rather interested in the new 'Rocco! Does look quite yummy tho, even for a dirty VAG! :D

nope, as said, from 2007 with the re-shaped 'new new' mini all the cooper S's are now turbocharged. :)

If I remember correctly the Supercharged mini had 160bhp with a 0-62 of 7.7secs.. And the 'new new' turbo'd mini is just slightly quicker.

A mini drove past me yesterday with a BOV, was a bit wierd LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong tho.. :D

what do you kow, twin scroll turbos... weird... I liked the supercharger sound :)