The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM water injection install

TrickTT

Guys - any recommended Aluminum welders in or around London that can help plumb the water injector into the throttle pipe?

I have the entire kit plumbed in other than the water injector.....really looking to finish this off.

I use this place in slough, you would have to take the parts off yaself but im sure he would do it while you wait, its a freinds company, say you are a friend of Jamie's and speak with Mark.

http://www.allroundengineering.co.uk/

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
You have to take it out.

Thx Jamie - I managed to take the said pipe out myself and got a boss made and then welded - quite straight forward.

I still havent plumbed the water pipe back into the injector...

1) What is the black (connector like) item circled in yellow in the pic and where does it go?

2) Does anyone know where I can find 1-2 ltrs of Methanol in London, I need this tomorrow as I have a track day on Saturday?

Many thanks

30-3002.jpg

Edited by imi (see edit history)

This kit is actually a rebadged cheaper kit. True enough AEM have added some gucci extra bits but essentially its another kit badged up as AEM. I have this kit in my car. Only problem I have had with it is the pipework melts in my engine bay as its just too hot under there for it. The replacement pipework I got sucks itself flat so I think the pump certainly has enough suction going on. I'll take a looksee at the weekend and see what the OEM is on the kit.

I'm guessing it's a non return valve Imi, but only guessing.

it does look like that, however the water injector nozzle also has a non return valve built-in and I noticed that Trick hasn't used this in his install...

Not quite sure what exactly it is for and more importantly where does it need to go.

Its quite possibly a filter, as the jets being quite small will block easily, the Aquamist kit has a filter but shaped totally different.

I see no mention of this item in the installation instructions from AEM; hence the confusion.

I dont think I had one of those in my kit. Certainly never used it in my installation. It could be an inline filter, but the injector nozzle has a filter and 1 way valve built in to it as well.

interesting....i'll drop AEM an email to find out what this part is and where to actually install it.

Mine is just placed halfway between the pump and the nozzle. I haven't strapped it onto anything. The pipes just push fit in both sides. Yes NRV means non return valve sorry I'm used to TLA's at work :D If it has an arrow on the side of it that would confirm its purpose.

Yes it does has an arrow, I did think that that is what it was, but as it not even mentioned in the install instructions (nor to mention here) I wasnt sure.

I'll install it in the engine bay just before the nozzle then......

thanks.

have you noticed any improvement in fitting this ??

would have to hit 1 bar of boost first before it even switches on....

EDIT: I have set it up to come on at 6psi and full squirt on 16psi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Did you try yours out on the dyno imi? are you running meth?

Mine is running 50/50 water/meth, might be in my head but im sure it feels faster with it on, ill see what effects it has on the dyno next time.

I can only run pure water as I have an alloy tank :(, mine feels faster with it off on cold days, yet better with it on on hot days

Did you try yours out on the dyno imi? are you running meth?

Mine is running 50/50 water/meth, might be in my head but im sure it feels faster with it on, ill see what effects it has on the dyno next time.

yes, a 40/60 mix of meth

no, didnt have it ready for the dyno.

too early to say whether it makes a positive difference (logically it should), however cannot say that it is detrimental.

I wonder how I can wire up a switch to trigger a squirt on demand....? Can anyone assist with a few words of advice?

many thx