The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sort of attention Supras get

AgtX80

They don't like that! Especially if it's a 30 zone and your speed is slowly reaching 20.... It's good fun though if there's only the one car behind you :D

I'm talking 10mhp you see them screaming at the window and normally get the finger.

Then you laugh at them really makes their blood boil!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely, I generally find other cars to be polite to me when I'm in the Supra. People let me out of junctions and what not. Mind you, I do let people and buses etc. out all the time.

Don't get too much tailgating going on really. No more than in a boring car like the Volvo I'm in at the moment.

Is your Supra all chavved-up? (Although I don't think I can see why that would cause other drives to be idiots..)

i have had many a car wanting a blat with me, the rules i stick with are,

1, don,t even bother with chavs, with there corsas ect

2, don,t try in a 30-40-50 zone no matter what there car is

3, never try with anything if there is other cars around (you never know how they react to people doing silly speeds behind them

4, but with a clear road and a challenge with something meaty, i will go for it, but remember you have to accept the consequences;);)

Good rules gaz :thumbs:

I always respect the car after wrecking my first one. It really isn't worth getting caught up in a potentially dangerous situation because of some other idiot.

I choose my mad moments, not the chavs.;)

Nope no way of telling a TT from a NA. The only time you can be sure its a TT is when its a UK spec. Bonnet scoop dildo's etc.

Thought I was missing something, on the 'Was it You' section guys are always quoting how they've seen a TT, JSpec etc, I'm lucky to see the number plate through the central reservation, just bluffing then!

Well, ive had my supra for 2 days & had no end of prats riding my rear bumper lol is this usual?

Just now, doing 30 in a 30 zone, some guy in a jag who was going normally till he spots me & rockets up behind me, just indicated in, let him pass & started off again. Similar storys on dual carriageways except with vauxhalls & BMWs...apart from the stopping part of course :)

What is everyone else's experience like?

Seriously you do the speed limit and no more anywhere in this country and someone will ride your ass!!!

I normally get looks of joy:d I do get some boy racers sittting on my bumper wanting to race. Then when we get on a nice long straight I slow right down, when they get along side me (providing nothing is coming and all is safe) I floor it. Even in my NA I get the better of them and leave them behined. Other than the boy racers I get the odd Scoobie trying it. Bloody farmers:d

I've found drag starts from traffic light normally shows other car drivers that think they want to race they are wasting their's and my time :)

I even turn the boost up sometimes :)

In 30mph zone's i also go 30mph and ignore idiots that want to race, my experiance says the sort of idiots that want to race in a 30mph zone would think nothing of side swipping your car to win and i don't want to win that much really.

Get to a drag strip if you want a race against my car, then the race will be fair & square & then fastest car & driver will win :)

30mph zones are probably the most dangerous stretches of road there is, parked cars, animals, side turnings, driveways, kids, police. Id never forgive myself if i ran someone down speeding, dont think anyone else would either.

Next to that would be country roads, i just keep fallen tree branches, horses arses & parents silly enough to take prams up roads with no pavement in my mind & i dont go so fast round the bends lol

Guest Geneb
Mine goes stiff when i give it some :)

he was talking about suspension bud;)

I Even in my NA I get the better of them and leave them behined. Other than the boy racers I get the odd Scoobie trying it. Bloody farmers:d

Scooby trying it? i do believe most scoobies would spank an N/A bud;)

For years it seemed normal to have any sort of car tailgate/drive aggressively around me, but since switching to a big ar*e BMW estate none of this happens, no matter what speed I'm at, or wherever conditions apply. Still get let out at junctions, no real difference than before TBH!

I think that the Supra does attract aggressive idiots to act in moronic ways when you're on the road :(

my driving has calmed right down. hardly ever speed anymore after a (possible) 9 points scare last year. i also think the supra looks a lot cooler :cool: when just cruising.if anyones tailgating me i just stick to the limit and let them pass whenever they feel. i went out in it earlier and for some reason today noticed how many people actually stop and stare at the car. took it to the jet wash where cars have to pass to fill up and within the 10 minutes there 4 cars stopped a few metres away to look at the car then proceeded to the pumps.

My car has only had a couple of incidents and I wasn't driving for either of them.......:blink:

Ste D was driving my car a few months back and we had some young lad in a Corsa up our arse. He was that close I could see his fillings....:rolleyes: I took of the seatbelt to get out at the lights but they stayed green and he legged it!

The other one was where two lads in an Astra called Mrs H a "slag" and drove off, mature eh?:rolleyes:

Don't worry about other people mate, you will get more positive reactions than negative!!

H.

I've only had this happen once, where a fiesta full of boy racers wanted a pop.

They flew past me at around 100mph on a dual carriageway then slowed down to around 50. As I went to overtake I THINK they floored it, at which point i tickled the throttle and they turned into a little speck in my rear view mirror!

But having reached 70 they then pulled alongside me and were nodding in appreciation before they sped off to risk their licence being taken away :no:

I've had "experiences" with people. I just let them get on with it now after taking the bait once years ago in my na and almost losing my license. If I am on the highway and I get an opening I know I am not going to get fizzed on I'll show a tailgater a bit of airspace but other than that they can get on with it. I have nowt to prove as I know my car can beat a Porsche GT3 in a straight line so a corsa no matter what engine it has in it is gonna be chicken feed.

I have nowt to prove as I know my car can beat a Porsche GT3 in a straight line so a corsa no matter what engine it has in it is gonna be chicken feed.

This is what gets me thinking.... I wonder if a GT3 driver thinks my car can beat an F430 in a straight line so a is chicken feed. Makes me think they may have the same attitude to supra drivers as some do to corsa's

30mph zones are probably the most dangerous stretches of road there is, parked cars, animals, side turnings, driveways, kids, police. Id never forgive myself if i ran someone down speeding, dont think anyone else would either.

Next to that would be country roads, i just keep fallen tree branches, horses arses & parents silly enough to take prams up roads with no pavement in my mind & i dont go so fast round the bends lol

I think you've just earned the award for the most sensible noob on here in the last couple of years!!

Good on ya mate. Keep that attitude and you'll stay shiney side up! I just wish I could sell my car to someone like yourself - I worry that some muppet will buy her and bend her within the first couple of weeks.

:thumbs:

The worst ones are on the motorway. Your crusing at ??? and a prat decides to drive up your behind. Hit the brakes and its bye for him and you (but its so tempting). So you pull over and let them past.

But a mile up the road you see the same prat trotting along at 80 again. Whats that all about?

My wife refuses to drive the car after she's had idiots actually swerve in front of her to intimidate her. Shame really.

Jas