The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have I got a WORLD FIRST in Supra Tuning?

Alex

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest maverick964_uk

Hi,

My MKIV TT VVTi is going single and it looks like the emanage system is going in.

Any considerations with the VVTi?. What are the differences compared to the non-VVTi engines.

thanks

Mike

MKIV TT6 2000 import VVTi saffire blue - loadsa HKS goodies!

Ahh your car is the one on the Whifbitz site, yes?

Only considerations are that it's wasted spark which changes the pinouts. The pinouts on a VVTi are completely different to the older cars so will take some tracing unless you have access to someone elses hard work.

Like I have said though - once it is wired in you can control the ignition timing and the fueling map. :thumbs:

Gulp - well the mapping is prooving to be very erm interesting - lol.

Might take a while to get any real results.

Need to go through the data logs from today's efforts and see where we're at.

By erm accident I did manage 1.5bar by 3,600rpm :blink: :looney:

Nice to see you back in style Alex :) I bet it was worth the wait ?

It'll be good to watch you run at the Pod :D and a return to TOTB this year ?

Cheers matey - I've deffo come back stronger than when I was last a Supra owner :)

Hope to be at the pod soon™

Guest KARacing
The tuning place I use here has fitted the emanage to a number of VVTi's so they told me when I was enquiring for Terry. Have fun with the new blower Alex :D :devil:

Hi Nic,

I see you are from Hong Kong. Which tuning place do you go to usually?

Guest KARacing
Top Racing in Kowloon Bay, do you know HK?

I know Top Racing. Do you know that guy who installed a T04Z turbo there? and his Supra is on Jan. 2005 Option Magazine (you know which one I am talking about?)

I know Top Racing. Do you know that guy who installed a T04Z turbo there? and his Supra is on Jan. 2005 Option Magazine (you know which one I am talking about?)

You mean the purple Supra that they have just finished? No I don't know the guy, Wa said he was American. That car must have had a fortune spent on it. Not seen Option magazine, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Guest KARacing
You mean the purple Supra that they have just finished? No I don't know the guy, Wa said he was American. That car must have had a fortune spent on it. Not seen Option magazine, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Yes, that dark purple Supra with GT Wing and Lambo door style. It is on Jan 2005 OptionFans Cover Page, so you are in Hong Kong now?

• 1 year later...