Supra is now fully mapped

jevansio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice :cool:

Is there an order/ranking of most powerful Supras on this forum and where would 633bhp put you?

Cheers guys,

I think unless they were done on the same dyno it would be hard to make it fair, hopeing to have a run down SSR at some point though, so I can get a figure where many of the Supe's on here get dynoed

:thumbs:

Got there in the end. I look forward to seeing how you get on with traction as Andy's place but with the powerbar you should be fine. You can see on the curve where it was still slipping slightly in that 5th run :blink:

When doing it on Andy Dyno dynamics you will need to do it in 4th :) As they are rated to alot lower mph than a dastek. But im sure it will be fine with the DD strapping system.

Ryan

Cheers Darryl, it's never felt as fit, just gotta get some time behind the wheel now :D

seriously;

if there is one thing you need to do with a car like that it's take it to Marham.

Sweet Supra Heaven.

:innocent:

April 11th...

beg, steal, borrow, but not to take you car there after all you have done is sweet blasphemy. ;)

Very nice power curve - nicer than most peoples T61's !!

Hey David

Dont forget this run was done in 5th gear so the midrange will be slighty different to the spreadsheet i sent you as they were all done in 4th but it wont be far off as look how soon it makes full boost in this log on a 4th gear pull.

You can see how well the boost control works also in target mode when setup right. Its all smooth :cool:

Ryan

Anyone else agree this is one of the, if not THE best all round Supras in the UK at the moment? Fair play you haven't just gone for balls out power or styling, it's got a whole slice of everything in there. Top work :thumbs:

:thumbs:

When Jay let me drive it yesterday was lovely :cool:

Anyone else agree this is one of the, if not THE best all round Supras in the UK at the moment? Fair play you haven't just gone for balls out power or styling, it's got a whole slice of everything in there. Top work :thumbs:

Agreed mate. Lot of work there. Real credit to the man. :)

:blush: pack it in Steve :D, that means a lot to me bud, really appreciate everyones comments, it's been a while getting here but the car is just about 100% (well it'll never be 100% will it or I'll have nothing to do to it :D)

:yeahthat: come on Jay:)

I'm working my magic bud, that ring helped a lot :D :D :D

Just to let you know what the cars on road performance is like, I went along to a Pistonheads run out today, there were all sorts there, Gallardo, Nobles, Porsches (Turbo & GT3), Lotus (Elise & Exige), Vette's & loads of others.

We went around the Lakes area, some serious roads, very bumpy & twisty, & the Supra behaved amazingly. Handling was great (I think 18's would improve it though), it soaked up a hell of a lot of bumps, grounded maybe once very slightly.

I managed to hit a bad patch on the road (imagine 10 big pot holes one after another) at about 60 mph & managed to prang the lips on both of my front Racing Hart C4R's. It seems to be superficial as they've not lost any air, will take them to Romax tomorrow to get wacked back into shape.

On the way back I gave the Supra the test that it's so far failed. A drag against my mates 911 Turbo. They've always been neck & neck (which disapointed me as I only modded the Supe to beat the Porsche). Trouble is since the last race we had his has had a DMS Stage 1 (chip & exhaust) and is producing around 520bhp/520ftlbs.

We lined up, 3 toots from me, we nailed it. As usual he got the jump on me with the Porsches amazing response. But this time the GT4088R did the goods, couple of seconds & we were level, and I started to pass & a fair old rate. I had to back off as a car was closing in, btu we stopped afterwards & we both agreed the Supe was much faster.

So whether it's 630bhp or not, it's def enough over 520bhp to make a noticable difference, this Saturday at Andy H's Supra dyno day may give confirmation of the power output. But TBH, now it can beat the car I started out with in my targets, I'm a very happy man :D