The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snowboarders...come!

Ian W

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from another lesson and I want to go away for some real snow so come on guys.

Who's actually up for this, looking at next season now obviously?

I'm genuinely up for it. Having organised a ski/snowboard trip in the past, I'd rather not be in charge of that :D but I'm willing to give a hand if needed (that trip was only for 4 of us and it was still a logistical nightmare!).

I'm genuinely up for it. Having organised a ski/snowboard trip in the past, I'd rather not be in charge of that :D but I'm willing to give a hand if needed (that trip was only for 4 of us and it was still a logistical nightmare!).

Awesome mate, I know it'll be a bit of a nightmare to organise but reckon it'd be an excellent laugh.

Bunch of petrol heads, lots of snow...what could go wrong? :D

So, looking at the 08/09 season....can we get a list of those people provisionally interested?

1. Ian W

Awesome mate, I know it'll be a bit of a nightmare to organise but reckon it'd be an excellent laugh.

Bunch of petrol heads, lots of snow...what could go wrong? :D

So, looking at the 08/09 season....can we get a list of those people provisionally interested?

1. Ian W

2. JuanChan

Bring me that powder!

I know a couple of boarders off the DC2 forum as well....mind if i extend the invitation over there?

ps

I know it adds to the logistical nightmare but....I love a challenge :D

The more the merrier! They could always sign up here to keep posted of things - this is Off Topic so they can view it without being paid up can't they? :)

Off to the states thursday....doing vail,copper mountain,winterpark,keystone,beaver creek,breckenridge...six resorts in six days...raising money for MS by boarding 25000 ft a day..cant wait:D:D.

If i survive iam up for next year.

check it out...http://www.mstrust.org.uk/fundraising/events/overseas/monsterski/itinerary.jsp

Just in case some one feels generous...http://www.justgiving.com/adrianvoyce

Just got back from Pas de la Casa in Andorra a few hours ago and it was amazing! Probably the best holiday I've been on - on the slopes all day and in the bars all night :D. Feeling it now, but it was well worth it.

Only thing I regret is not bothering with lessons and just going straight to the top of a red run, launching myself down it, stacking every 10 yards and spending the rest of the week popping Nurofen. Sort of got the hang of it now though and can't wait go back next year. :)

Off to the states thursday....doing vail,copper mountain,winterpark,keystone,beaver creek,breckenridge...six resorts in six days...raising money for MS by boarding 25000 ft a day..cant wait:D:D.

If i survive iam up for next year.

check it out...http://www.mstrust.org.uk/fundraising/events/overseas/monsterski/itinerary.jsp

Just in case some one feels generous...http://www.justgiving.com/adrianvoyce

That trip sounds amazing. And for a good cause, donation given!

What happened last time? - I see someone has asked you to return without any broken legs "this time"!

That trip sounds amazing. And for a good cause, donation given!

What happened last time? - I see someone has asked you to return without any broken legs "this time"!

Iam not that clever when it comes to common sense:rolleyes:....as i like taking a few risks:blink:

Totally tore my left acl 2 years ago ouch!, time b4 that cartilage torn time b4 that had to have my leg pinned after breaking it ....for the second time!

I gave up on motorcycles last year as i found out it really hurts when you fall of them (big highside at cadwell park).

Thanks for the donation rich...iam going to keep it safe this year as the knee is still not 100%.

where in hampshire are you?

Iam not that clever when it comes to common sense:rolleyes:....as i like taking a few risks:blink:

Totally tore my left acl 2 years ago ouch!, time b4 that cartilage torn time b4 that had to have my leg pinned after breaking it ....for the second time!

I gave up on motorcycles last year as i found out it really hurts when you fall of them (big highside at cadwell park).

Thanks for the donation rich...iam going to keep it safe this year as the knee is still not 100%.

where in hampshire are you?

Blimey! My biggest issue with snowboarding is the fact I'm really out of fitness and by the end of a week, I need another week off work to recover!

I've a few medic mates and some of the stories I've heard of biker accidents has put me off ever learning to ride them (they usually involve crushed/lost legs). The thrill of the acceleration would be fantastic, but I quite like my legs being attached to me :)

My knee's knackered too after a small mishap a couple of years back. I can't run for more than about 2-3 minutes, walk very far or generally use it without it hurting at some point. But for some reason I can snowboard 8am-5pm 6 days straight without any issues :blink:. I'm not complaining though :D

I'm in Southampton dude - you should try and get to some of the meets in the area. Hopefully Gatso will be on the case with the Fleet Meet, and there might be some Ringwood meets over the summer again. Always good to put faces to names!

Blimey! My biggest issue with snowboarding is the fact I'm really out of fitness and by the end of a week, I need another week off work to recover!

I've a few medic mates and some of the stories I've heard of biker accidents has put me off ever learning to ride them (they usually involve crushed/lost legs). The thrill of the acceleration would be fantastic, but I quite like my legs being attached to me :)

My knee's knackered too after a small mishap a couple of years back. I can't run for more than about 2-3 minutes, walk very far or generally use it without it hurting at some point. But for some reason I can snowboard 8am-5pm 6 days straight without any issues :blink:. I'm not complaining though :D

I'm in Southampton dude - you should try and get to some of the meets in the area. Hopefully Gatso will be on the case with the Fleet Meet, and there might be some Ringwood meets over the summer again. Always good to put faces to names!

Will try and get to some more meets this year, iam going to the ace cafe tomorrow...not for to long though as i've got packing to do.

catch ya later mate.

Bump!

Sorry for not adding you to my MSN yet Ian - my laptop was nicked last week so I have no access to the internet, except when at friends/neighbours houses at the moment. My mates and I are currently no closer to sorting a week in March - either work or girlfriends are clogging up most weekends so far! I'll let you know if that changes though!