Snowboarders...come!

Ian W

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTTT :D

Just chatting to Ian on msn and we're definitely up for going skiing/snowboarding next season. Current thinking is pre-xmas if possible, obviously as cheaply as possible as I'm tight like that :D, but open to ideas. My personal preference will be the Alps, most likely France.

This list was generated previously, so I'll start there. I appreciate that the 08-09 ski season is a wee while off now, but is anyone else genuinely interested in joining in for a week in the snow? If so, get your name down and we'll start throwing some ideas round the ring :)

1. Ian W

2. JuanChan

3. 2JG

4. matlee

5. Cable

6. Mr Hanky

:)

Edit: I'm off snowboarding this weekend actually, just to make you all jealous, but also means I won't be involved in any discussion next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Jammy b*gger! Not at all jealous!

Where's the love gone for the skiing/snowboarding then guys n gals? :search: If we get a bit of a mk4 alpine hol going, I can go twice next season :D

1. Ian W

2. JuanChan

3. 2JG

4. matlee

5. Cable

6. Mr Hanky

Can anyone interested please confirm so and we can then look into specific dates and locations.

Ian

You into your 'boarding, Ian?

Similar to those 'doon sooth' any scottish peeps could meet at Xscape in Braehead, Glasgow?

:)

Have done mono boarding before (feet straight on rather than sideways) can't see it being much different. Ski-ing was may fortee but gonna go for boarding now.

Would be up for Xscape :thumbs:

Have done mono boarding before (feet straight on rather than sideways) can't see it being much different. Ski-ing was may fortee but gonna go for boarding now.

Would be up for Xscape :thumbs:

I saw a fair few mono-skiers last week. The ski itself looks like a powder snowboard from what I could see - clearly directional (more obviously so than a regular snowboard) yet dealt with fairly icy pistes very well. And the speed they shot along at :blink:

Also, how come skiers tend to dislike boarders and vice versa? I tend to get intimidated by anyone going a lot faster than me, more so by skiers than boarders though. My skier mates were the opposite.

Also, how come skiers tend to dislike boarders and vice versa? I tend to get intimidated by anyone going a lot faster than me, more so by skiers than boarders though. My skier mates were the opposite.

Because snowboarding is cooler and all skiers are jealous at how good boarders look.:p

Where are you thinking of going? Isola 2000 near me has still lots of snow and its a very very large resort

Hehe just read all the first post, sowwy :)

If you've read the linked thread from Ian's last post you'll have seen that we've not chosen anywhere yet.

Basically it looks like being a week in January and we'll be confirming the dates first before looking into the location and budget :)

Ian

• 7 months later...