The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SP sequential kit

Gazboy

Who is the .net maths bod? Alex isn't it- if we can work out the ideal pipe diameters for a GT28 conversion, which I assume would be around 30%-50% smaller than T58 sizing we may find some space for RHD.

We being the Royal we, obviously :D

:)

I think I could get a good discount for the first "trial" kit over here when/if someone wants to go down this route.

Gaz.

Does AEM cater for auto & vvti cars?

I think it does now, although what ever ECU you decide to use, your going to need a really proficient mapper to make the most of those change over points between the two turbos, I would enquire about base maps from sound performance as a starting point, although getting one will probably be as rare as you finding a rocking horse that shits

Its a lovely setup, would be fantastic on a track car, I'm trying to find out from them about the RHD compatibility.

Gaz.

IMO, Can't see how it would be good on a track...

A) You've got the surge from the 2nd turbo just when you're exiting a corner.

B) Anyone on a track with a Supra shouldn't really be applying power below 4000rpm, which means anything T71 (even a T76 with a 3.4) or smaller would be up and running, getting the jump on a sequential kit that's waiting on it's 2nd turbo.

IMO, the turbo's are too big. GT30's would have been more than enough, GT28's probably better.

I guess it depends on the final curve but I agree with this statement. I can't see the value in having so much extra torque come in so suddenly. I know how my T61 feels when it spools and it's quick. The mapper will have to be extremely good and will end up with a nice pay packet at the end of it.

B) Anyone on a track with a Supra shouldn't really be applying power below 4000rpm, which means anything T71 (even a T76 with a 3.4) or smaller would be up and running, getting the jump on a sequential kit that's waiting on it's 2nd turbo.

IMO, the turbo's are too big. GT30's would have been more than enough, GT28's probably better.

Now that's a load of bollocks. You pick your speed and gear so you can go full throttle on the apex and get full boost just as you start to unwind the lock. If your back end steps out, you've probably been club-footed and ham fisted and you deserve a spin.

Now that's a load of bollocks. You pick your speed and gear so you can go full throttle on the apex and get full boost just as you start to unwind the lock. If your back end steps out, you've probably been club-footed and ham fisted and you deserve a spin.

Yeah but having all that extra grunt come in at the exit of a corner if the car isn't 100% straight is bound to cause issues. Also I wouldn't be shocked if the car lit up in 3rd at the least on the 1st turbo and on the second? Who knows... Supras struggle for traction as it is with high power in the lower rev range, bringing it down the rev range so much would make it hard work IMO. It's almost like having 2 curves to play off against each other in an exaggerated sense. Besides, if you aren't using full power on a track then you are losing time ;) (thanks to Ayrton Senna for that one :D)

All IMHO of course, I'd like to be proven wrong so I can batter my credit rating again but I don't see how this could be much more use than a decent single car? I mean top marks for the workmanship etc but the idea may be a touch redundant at those power levels.

Well I did say IMO. But I can't see how a surge of power at 5000+ rpm when trying to nail it out of a corner is going to help the laptime.

Progressive power doesn't break traction nearly half as much...that's why so many people that have gone small single wouldn't go back to the sequentials....

Does AEM cater for auto & vvti cars?

Yep.

OK OK I'll let you put one on my car, in return for wearing some Envy stickers :innocent:

Too kind :)

It something we thought would be great on the track, but then again we though our Supra was good on the track (mainly because with 1000hp you can catch anything you want on the straights! ;) )

I suppose we'll have to leave the official comment until someone gives it a go :)

Gaz.

It something we thought would be great on the track, but then again we though our Supra was good on the track (mainly because with 1000hp you can catch anything you want on the straights! ;) )

I suppose we'll have to leave the official comment until someone gives it a go :)

Gaz.

Watch this space as im always leaning towards a one off setup like this....once my stockers are gone I can get my ass in gear and get something sorted, im thinking maybe still using the stock manifold, with some GT28 flanges somehow welded on. The manifold will need a lot of work as well as oil lines and fitting actuators etc but I reckon I can do it.

I was going to buy those VV turbos that were for sale on here a while back as they would have been perfect, but my flat being decorated took preference

• 1 month later...