The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ok so i have done it!!!! na-t for me

supra-lover

Guest ETS Michael

RHD i'm not sure, we don't have them here. We would need to get a couple pics to see, but we have a full fabrication shop so it shouldn't be a problem to make something work.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would do but you have to change every bloody thing, gear box clutch drive shafts too much hassel mate plus finding a bloke to fit it mega money just not worth it

You may be right but you change them for a reason, the extra power is asking your stock NA parts to do something they were never intended to do and may cost more in the long run sorting them out when they break, I have been down the modding route soooooo many times with cars and it really is not worth doing it on the cheap, it will either be dissappointing or unreliable, trust me I have thrown fortunes away ;)

You may be right but you change them for a reason, the extra power is asking your stock NA parts to do something they were never intended to do and may cost more in the long run sorting them out when they break, I have been down the modding route soooooo many times with cars and it really is not worth doing it on the cheap, it will either be dissappointing or unreliable, trust me I have thrown fortunes away ;)

i'm not wanting mega power mate 300bhp will do me i'm sure it can handle that much :)

Guest ETS Michael
Hi Michael, did you go with the Stage 2 fuel system as well, and what sort of bhp numbers are you seeing with your spec?

Stage 1, i'm running an SAFC and FMU.

I'm going to get bigger injectors, and maybe an aem then hit the dyno. Right now our dyno is going into the ground as we speak, so I should have some numbers soon. The numbers on our site are from a MKIV Supra with an auto and 5 speed.

i'm not wanting mega power mate 300bhp will do me i'm sure it can handle that much :)

In that case the TT conversion is FAR more cost effective. It's £3-3.5k for a complete transplant (engine, box, axle, driveshafts, ECU, loom, etc) including fitting. This will give a base of 320bhp, with 430bhp available at only another £800 (BPU). The NA-T will cost significantly more and will not have much future potential unless you want to spend big money.

I'm not trying to p*ss on your bonfire here, just trying to put things in perspective.

Guest ETS Michael

I think his budget is around £1,000 - It's going to be hard to find a complete NA-T or GTE Swap for that price. With that budget the XS Power is the only kit that fits the bill. I would recommend saving a little more and getting a quality NA-T kit or GTE Swap.

In that case the TT conversion is FAR more cost effective. It's £3-3.5k for a complete transplant (engine, box, axle, driveshafts, ECU, loom, etc) including fitting. This will give a base of 320bhp, with 430bhp available at only another £800 (BPU). The NA-T will cost significantly more and will not have much future potential unless you want to spend big money.

I'm not trying to p*ss on your bonfire here, just trying to put things in perspective.

i really do see what your saying mate but it's a lot of dosh to find,i'm happy going with going the na-t :) thanks for your help homer

I think his budget is around £1,000 - It's going to be hard to find a complete NA-T or GTE Swap for that price. With that budget the XS Power is the only kit that fits the bill. I would recommend saving a little more and getting a quality NA-T kit or GTE Swap.

£1k :blink:

That might just buy the kit, but with the fabrication costs and all the replacement parts needed with the XS kit it's a non starter unless he has £3-4k more available.

Chris, have you seen the break down of the other parts needed? ECU, boost controller, mapping, clutch, flywheel, diff, injectors, fuel pump, lines, fuel rail, fpr, plugs, oil, filter, IC pipes, induction, boost gauge, afr gauge, oil feed, oil drain, etc. There's £3k there alone.

£1k :blink:

That might just buy the kit, but with the fabrication costs and all the replacement parts needed with the XS kit it's a non starter unless he has £3-4k more available.

Chris, have you seen the break down of the other parts needed? ECU, boost controller, mapping, clutch, flywheel, diff, injectors, fuel pump, lines, fuel rail, fpr, plugs, oil, filter, IC pipes, induction, boost gauge, afr gauge, etc. There's £3k there alone.

yes but you don't need all that if you keep it on low boost, thats what i'm saying

yes but you don't need all that if you keep it on low boost, thats what i'm saying

You need almost all of it (if boost is very low then remove the diff), but the rest are needed

Where are you getting your information from?

All I can recommend is you build a list of all the parts you *think* you need, price them up and then post them on here. £1k won't even touch the surface. Just as an example, what ECU and injectors are you planning on using, who is the mapper?

Chris,

Please listen to Homer. From what I've read on here NA-T costs approx £4-5K to get it working right. You can't just add the turbo kit, you absolutely NEED all the other stuff Homer mentioned above AND you really should upgrdae the other stuff like gear box, drive shafts etc, as they won't take the incressed power for long (if at all)

Homer talks wise words.

Chris unless you are prepared to spend £1k's (many) on the conversion to do it properly, don't do it at all, the cost of the kit is just a fraction of the overall costs involved.

As Homer says, there are a LOT of other parts you NEED to do the install, you cannot simply bolt on a kit.

Selling the NA and buying a TT is by far the cheapest and most sensible option.

You made the right decision mate. I had a budget of 4K to do my conversion but ended up spending over 10K. I shouldve listned to the likes of Homer, Bromby etc.. in the first place but was all too late when I realised my 5 speed box could only take 300bhp and even the standard clutch started to slip on 0.8 bar boost.

Good luck with your TT

You made the right decision mate. I had a budget of 4K to do my conversion but ended up spending over 10K. I shouldve listned to the likes of Homer, Bromby etc.. in the first place but was all too late when I realised my 5 speed box could only take 300bhp and even the standard clutch started to slip on 0.8 bar boost.

Good luck with your TT

cheers mate :)takes a while to go in but i do listed in the end lol

good descision chris, i think you'll be much happier with the tt lump mate, buy the lump with your 1k and watch on the forum to pick up all the other parts you need. If she's off the road for a year you'll have plenty of time to collect the parts and do the conversion right.

yeah that! you could probably get everything easily for around £1400 possibly less. and if you get a tt autobox too you wont have to worry about the transmission going bang