The mkiv Supra Owners Club

URGENT What car can you reccomend £30-£35k New

Green Peace

My mate got a fully loaded M3 for 28k - 2 years old.

TV/satnav/leather and everything else. Sequential Manual Gearbox is fantastic and it goes like the clappers. Best paddle shifter I've ever seen.

I hated BMWs, but this thing is great.

If he wants tip tronic...why not a 2002 Supra? If you can find one....

Is there a legitimate reason for the tiptronic or is it cause it's a toy?

The BMW M3 had a tiptronic option.

He wants Tiptronic because he dosn't see the point in spending all that money and he has to change gears himself he he...bit like going to a Motorway service station paying £2 for a cup of tea and in return you get a teabag, some suger, some hot water, some milk and are expected to make it ya self lol.

He hates the BMW M3....he wants something that reflects todays technogical advancements in automation...cant believe 350z dosn't have paddle shift option

He hates the BMW M3....he wants something that reflects todays technogical advancements in automation

LOL - The M3 certainly does that! Check their website - the technology is quite astounding - sepecially for the SMG.

Has he been in one?

Like I say, I can't abide BMW - but the M3 is something special to drive. It's just a shame every other user thinks you're a knob. It would be great to have an M3 in a different body.

Audi S4 Tiptronic - £38,375

With a bit of cheek he can probably get the price closer to £35k or maybe look at importing one?

(Manual version is £36,975 for reference)

He's obviously more into looks than performance if he's considering a TT but likes it bland - if the S4 is a little rich for him how about an A4 3.2 FSI quattro S line Tiptronic for £30k and then invest in some choice extras?

Neither of these cars would reflect my own personal choice but then I'm not the chap in question - what exactly does he want from a vehicle? What are his aspirations? What image does he want to project? What factors of driving are important to him?

This DSG system is being raved about at the moment. Is it just as good on a (cover your ears) Diesel?

Gaz.

Its definately the future of gearboxes in their current incarnation IMHO, though there is another system that I think CW posted about.

It is incredibly good, though its had its teething problems, but I think they are mostly ironed out.

Can't see it making much difference mate whether its on a diesel or petrol TBH, they'd both benefit.

Prime example of its use is the new Golf GTi, isn't it something like 6.9 to 60 with the DSG and 7.2 without.

Well it looks like hes going to get this Audi...Thanks for all your suggestions...if the 350z had a tiptronic paddleshift he would of been persauded....I'll show him this thread tommorow as a last hearted attempt from saving him from the Audi TT...

A few have mentioned a 2002 Supra...I'd be up for buying a 2002 Supra If i could find one for sale.....seriously!

I would have to say... In fairness the V6 Audi shift IS cutting edge!!

I can understand why he wants one of those. I had a deposit down on one before they were even released, I would have had one of the first 10 made but decided it wasn't fast enough and cancelled the order. Their faces were a picture when I said it wasn't fast enough and asked for my deposit back :D

I can also see the new car benefit- spanky new, no-ones abused it/ farted in it before etc plus warranty, etc etc BUT it's too much of a loss financially.

So who else watched "the best of top gear" the other night ;) ??

I did see it, but I've been hooked on the Monaro since seeing it in Oz. ;)

Also, If he wants an Audi, I have a friend who's seeing an Audi sales manager who could probably sort him out.

Thats an import though, the import Zeds are down on quality in comparison to the UK's!!!

The first imports that came into the country were amongst the first Zeds that were built and were down on quality, that is true but this car is new and things were much improved when the convertibles came out.

FFS Don't let him buy a TT.... My boss has had two so far...

both have gone back because they keep falling to bits:)

John

I'm trying my best to put him off it aint working...I told him everyone will think you are :limp:

But he doesn't seem to mind...I have to say the 3.2 V6 with the new twin clutch tip gearbox is quite cool...but like Rosie says it just aint quick enough..

"If I see a 30 yr old man on the Bus I assume hes failed in Life" Margaret Thatcher 1986

"If I see a 30 year old man driving an Audi TT I assume he's Gay" Green Peace 2005.

:tongue:

Maybe your mate is coming out of the closet and he finds that buying a :limp: car is the first step. :eyebrows:

If its not a first step...its def a bit of a giveaway..

I can just hear the conversation lol..

Councillor

"Hello Gay Helpline"

My Mate

"Hi I think I might be Gay"

Councillor

"Do you drive an Audi TT yet ?"

My mate

"yes"

Councillor

"have you got any Barbera Striesand or Pet shop Boys in the CD player"

My mate