The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much have you spent

SupraD06

I expect to lose no more than a grand if I sell now (excluding consumables)

Not bad eh.

It's not accidental either, I was very careful to buy low and spend as little as possible, and only on what really matters. No bling.

I've been burnt so many times in the past with black-hole 'projects' that I've vowed to be triple-aware of the 'upgraditis' virus.

So far so good, lol...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid 10k, this year spent 6k and planning to spend another 5k = 21k

Now worth 12k when i've spent another 5k next year it will be worth 10k at the rate prices are falling.

So running costs will be 11k for 18 months ownership.

Driven when i want, on nice sunny days :)

Still cheaper than hiring a supercar for the weekend, also i can go into the garage anytime and look at MY car :)

Worth every penny and more :)

I've had it three years - Other than BPU, most things I've spent have been precautionary, just to make sure it stays solid for a good few more years. A couple of things failed and were replaced.

Year 1:

Insurance £900

BPU £550

Servicing £300ish

Year 2:

Insurance £750

Rear wheel bearing £340

Suspension dust boots £300

PAS pump £340

Servicing, another £300ish

Year 3 thus far:

Insurance £650

Exterior £350

New rad & thermostat £440

Servicing, yet another £300ish

Brought mine for £12k & most probally spent that X 4 since having it so must be worth now in the region of £60k +++ now :D:d:d

I know that you will never get that back that's why i will never ever sell it :eyebrows:

nice meeting you yesterday Lui.

Ok I spent 12.3k on the car, and have spent £350 on it. :)

Thats with admiral, was only for 10 months though as my policy had already been running 2.

Got an MR2 turbo in my name with the wife on it too, a 106 GTI with both our names on it and my Supra with my name and my Dad's name on it. Multicar policy.

Had the MR2 and the 106 on there, added the sup and had to cough up £311.

Not bad considering i have points and i'm 27. The wife is only 23 and i got her insured on the MR2 for 500 lol.

Scott =op

I worked out my average monthly spend on here before and that was GBP450, therefore over x6 years ownership = GBP32,400

This does not include the original costs for both cars (including HP interest) of about 11,000 and spare parts of about the same.

At the end of the day GBP50,000+ and my car is now worth GBP3,000 :blink:

Do I regret spending a single penny?

Nope.

im getting done on insurance then :( will be shopping around away from sky next year

Do a quote with admiral and see what you get. The online quotation is just as good as phoning them, if not better.

Will at least let you know what you should be aiming for.

Scott =op

Bought the car for £20,000 back in 2002, and I think on average I probably spend 3/4k on modifications and servicing, so onto the maths.....

4k X 6 years = £24,0000

+

20,000 for the car

= £ My god I want to cry.......but I wont cause when I get in her and pull off she always makes me smile.....:D Everytime I turn back to look at her when walking away from her she makes me smile, eveytime somone asked me about her at a petrol station she makes me smile. Everytime a local kid gives me the thumbs up when I drive past, yep it makes me smile.....

Money cant buy that sort of shit....