Havard

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you coming to J27 then??

no, Havard, we will meet you all in campsite, because I think we will need a long time to put the tent up. [GRIN][/GRIN]

Just seen the forecast, it will rain all day tomorrow till 2 o'clock, then sunny after. So we probably will leave around 5ish.

Update..!!

Even though it is raining at the moment the weather doesn't look too bad for the weekend up in Dent. We may get a couple of showers but generally it will be broken cloud and a bit muggy..!!

On Monday it will absolutely piss down but we'll be gone by then...!!:D

Not seen any hint of anyone dropping out.....:search: Also, letting us all down at this time on a Friday afternoon is not generally good for your health.....:innocent::sly:

H.

MANY MANY MANY thanks to Paul for organising a fantastic weekend, in spite of our winged "friends" and the torrential downpour yesterday both Steph and I had a great time.

It was good to meet Steve and Ping, and I hope you had a good first camping experience. :blink:

Slightly disappointing that more members backed out, without letting Paul know - he went to a lot of trouble to organise this weekend, and having negotiated an excellent pitch at the campsite, at a discounted rate, scouting some excellent driving roads for us, not to mention persuading the local cafe/restaurant to open early just for us it's a shame that he was let down. :angrymod:

anyway rant over - Thanks again Paul. (from both me and the club) :thumbs:

Mike

btw. what happened to M5W TT on the journey back :search:

I arrived at the campsite at 3.00pm on the Saturday, booked in and set up the tent in the bottom corner, :search:no Supras to be seen, obviously all out on the Saturday run. Walked into the village and had a lovely cream tea in one of the cafes. The heavens opened up at 5.15pm so I sat in the car for an hour, still no Supras around so I thought pack up the tent and go home. heard the cars arrive as I was finishing packing up.

I had a walk up as soon as the rain eased to introduce myself but there was no one around so I guess you must have all gone to the pub.:search:

I enjoyed the drive there and back though:thumbs:

George

Slightly disappointing that more members backed out, without letting Paul know - he went to a lot of trouble to organise this weekend, and having negotiated an excellent pitch at the campsite, at a discounted rate, scouting some excellent driving roads for us, not to mention persuading the local cafe/restaurant to open early just for us it's a shame that he was let down. :angrymod:

anyway rant over - Thanks again Paul. (from both me and the club) :thumbs:

Mike

:search:

That's rubbish - sorry mate. please accept my apologies.

The weather caught us out good and proper on Saturday, we hid by the toilet block for about 10 minutes then darted for the pub. Paul and Vicki (Havards) stayed by the plot with the kids, though Ray did leave soon after :D and the weather dried up inside an hour.

I'm gutted that we missed you, shame you didn't get Paul's mobile number :(

Thanks for coming down though ...

Mike

I arrived at the campsite at 3.00pm on the Saturday, booked in and set up the tent in the bottom corner, :search:no Supras to be seen, obviously all out on the Saturday run. Walked into the village and had a lovely cream tea in one of the cafes. The heavens opened up at 5.15pm so I sat in the car for an hour, still no Supras around so I thought pack up the tent and go home. heard the cars arrive as I was finishing packing up.

I had a walk up as soon as the rain eased to introduce myself but there was no one around so I guess you must have all gone to the pub.:search:

I enjoyed the drive there and back though:thumbs:

George

Oh no :( we were in the tent with the kids munching fish and chips! Can't believe we missed you :search:

Vicki x

Thanks to Paul for organizing a fantastic weekend. I had a great time, great site, great company and some amazing driving roads. Have to do it again next time when my car is mapped :)

Had to stop for fuel on the way back as I was getting desperate. Sorry I missed saying goodbye to everyone.

P.s I quite like that pic of me Ste :thumbs:

Thanks to Paul for organizing a fantastic weekend. I had a great time, great site, great company and some amazing driving roads. Have to do it again next time when my car is mapped :)

Had to stop for fuel on the way back as I was getting desperate. Sorry I missed saying goodbye to everyone.

P.s I quite like that pic of me Ste :thumbs:

It is a great pic of you, I like the one of you supe on the campsite:)

Sorry for the late reply, once we got in we just collapsed in front of the tv.

Thanks to Paul for a great weekend, and for all of the effort that he had put into making it a success. It was a shame that more people didn't turn up after all the work he had been done.

Also a big thanks to Vikki for the coffee helped to wake us up before driving the last leg back to Lincoln.

Steve and Ping I am glad that the bugs and rain didn't put you off camping, hopefully we might see you at some of the other camping meets. Mike it was nice to see that smile back especially after hitting the 500 mile run in, the car looks great. It will be interesting to see it at the pod.

Mike and Steph - congrats to you both, Steve and Lynz thanks for the insect bite cream, I think it brought "+1" some short term relief, enough to get home any way.

It was really great to see the old faces again. We are always made to feel so welcome when we come over. Driving around that side of the country really made us miss the North-West however the close proximity to family always acts as a deterrent to us moving back ;)

Any here any some pics that we took:

Ouch!!! It appears that the bugs liked the taste of H :blink:

One for Havard just something to remember your favourite crusing place by:

Nice to see that all H's training has paid off:

Great pics. I doubt that mine will add much to what has already been posted. I also need to find the wire for my Blackberry..:rolleyes:

Great trip and great company and although I spent all last night itching it was worth it....:)

I may organise another towards the end of the year or maybe next spring, we'll see..!!

H.