The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Making exhaust quieter -Single turbo

Shaleskin

I have a blitz nur spec on my single turbo and I can just about put up with it with the bung in, without it in find it too noisey as my daily and wanted to know if people have tried putting an aftermarket silencer in their system?

I'm looking at one on ebay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261167420486&alt=web

Wondered if anyone's used one and wanted to know if it made much difference?

As I've got a screamer I get noise when I'm after it but would like daily driving to have a burble but not just over power every other noise.

Any other suggestions also welcome :)

If I was doing a built Supra again, I'd most likely use something like a Whifbitz 4" Twin Box exhaust, the non-titanium one. Or have a custom made, 4" exhaust with as many silencers/resonators in as possible.

On my previous big twin, I had a Tanabe Medalion Touring, which made 640bhp before being a restriction. That was as quiet as stock.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've been looking at the HKS as i had one on the mr2 turbo and it was perfect. Love the look of the blitz backbox which is why I was hoping to keep it but add an additional silencer. HKS looks good too and have been looking for a 2nd hand one I could grab but not many for sale it seems.

Sir Diffsalot that looks fantastic, might read into that.

running t04r turbo and have 650cc injectors. As it stands I'm making sh*t all power as i've got it running safe (12psi) until I get it mapped. Hoping for around 550bhp which should be achievable after seeing a supra being sold with near exact setup as mine and he made around that (can't remember exact figures).

So nobody would recommend adding an additional/replacing the silencer that's already on the blitz?